Adult coloring books

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

A very long time ago, I discovered that I could make my own adult coloring patterns with a compass and straightedge.  These are strictly geometric patterns, not the really elaborate cats and nature pictures and such that I've seen in stores, but they have two advantages.
Remember the Spirograph toy? I bet you can make various designs with that and just color them in

I made my own coloring book way back in second grade with a ruler and pencil. I just made pages of various shapes and colored them in later. I distinctly remember a classmate taking one of my handmade coloring pages and showing it to the teacher (why I don't know). I will never forget the very disapproving look the teacher gave me

Also, someone here mentioned that they had found a bunch of coloring pages on Pinterest.  How does Pinterest work?  I've never signed up for it.  Is it like Facebook where you basically have to sign over all privacy rights?
Yes, you do need an account to actually use Pintrest. You can search for for stuff and see some of them but there's this big annoying sign in / sign up box that covers most of the page that won't let you do anything more with your search result. I think Pintrest works more like an album. You save (pin) stuff that you like to an alubum and then you go through the album later to get ideas for projects and whatnot.

kathyfromcanada

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just got into this rather late , however I'm really finding it relaxing. I bought one that was very detailed. It takes a long time but it's gorgeous when it's. done. I like coloring just before I got to bed. It's interesting what you can do with the shading.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I've been quite active on the colouring the last few weeks but slowed up again this last one as had a friend visiting so too many other things to do.  I actually finished an entire book of mandals (admitedly it did only have 20 designs in), and a few other designs too.  Here are a couple I like which are different to most of the things I have completed.

The first two are from a book called Eclectica which I posted details about earlier, and the third one in a mandala book I was given at Christmas.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Very nice coloring
The mandala looks especially soothing to the eye with the complimentary colors. I like how you used the same colors for each row of fish. I would have gone wild with multiple colors

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@LTS3    I would usually have gone for wild, random colours all over the place too but for some reason this was what came out.  
   Probably because it was a week I wasn't sleeping well and I chose it because it was a repetitive design I could do in little bite-size portions.  It reminds me of wrapping paper or wall paper.  

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally gave in and bought my self one of these. Coloring was a favorite thing to do when I was a kid. I found one I really like of inspirational quotes. It was in the book department at Wal Mart. I bought a box of forty eight colored pencils. I am on my way to being addicted.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally gave in and bought my self one of these. Coloring was a favorite thing to do when I was a kid. I found one I really like of inspirational quotes. It was in the book department at Wal Mart. I bought a box of forty eight colored pencils. I am on my way to being addicted.
Coloring is really addicting
This thread has slowed down a lot since it started last year. I hope everyone is still coloring and are just not sharing pictures.

I think one of the chain craft stores has Prismacolor pencils on sale this week, Michael's I think? Prismacolor pencils are popular with TCS members who color. Some use markers instead. If you go back through the thread you'll find recommedations.

For those who loved the Creative Cats coloring book, here's a new one featuring cats and dogs:
I'm going to print this one out to color: http://www.thekitchn.com/a-printable-adult-coloring-page-for-strawberry-lovers-228526

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Oh yes, I am still colouring, though recently it is inbetween jewelry making which I got back in to at the start of this year after a long break.    How lovely to hear of a new recruit @blueyedgirl5946  .   One of my favourite books was one with inspirational quotes and mandalas; it is still the only book I have worked my way through and completely finished every design!    I'd love to know which book it is you found.

There are still loads of gorgeous new books of designs appearing in the shops here so the craze doesn't seem to have faded out yet.  It is a bit of a struggle not to give in to buying more books but I have more than enough to keep me going...  
   If I want more designs I must try to limit my self to the wonderful links everyone has added in this thread! 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been quite active on the colouring the last few weeks but slowed up again this last one as had a friend visiting so too many other things to do.  I actually finished an entire book of mandals (admitedly it did only have 20 designs in), and a few other designs too.  Here are a couple I like which are different to most of the things I have completed.

The first two are from a book called Eclectica which I posted details about earlier, and the third one in a mandala book I was given at Christmas.
I love the flowery ones.

reversedpolarit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As a soon-to-be-graduate from art schoo I've been colouring in for the last four years 
 (No seriously, I make fabric and colour in squares...). I was very pleased to find that there's a vet anatomy colouring book which I got seeing as I'm going to be training as a vet nurse. My BF has a Jeremy Corbyn colouring book which he just looks at, but I can't bring myself to buy one seeing as I *could* perfectly well make something to colour in. Though perhaps I'll get some geometric ones, I LOVED those as a kid. 

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought coloring would be a good thing to do when Snoop and I are sitting on the porch. Wrong thinking. He has to be in my lap. Can't color with a cat in my lap. :nod:

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought coloring would be a good thing to do when Snoop and I are sitting on the porch. Wrong thinking. He has to be in my lap. Can't color with a cat in my lap.
Someone who is good with woodwork needs to invent a Lap Cat Table for those times when you want to hold kitty and work on other stuff too. 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Someone who is good with woodwork needs to invent a Lap Cat Table for those times when you want to hold kitty and work on other stuff too. 
That would have to be a patented inventions because the inventor would make a fortune!!

I have really slipped with the coloring. I thought I would be doing a lot of it during the winter, because of being snowbound. Alas, we had an extremely mild winter. Maybe during this summer, when there is nothing on TV, at night time, when the mosquitos are out. I did a lot of coloring last summer. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I thought coloring would be a good thing to do when Snoop and I are sitting on the porch. Wrong thinking. He has to be in my lap. Can't color with a cat in my lap.
    It does make it a bit more challenging.   Look on the bright side:  at least Snoop is only sitting in your lap and not chewing the paper and pawing at the ends of the pencils, yet.  
   Mouse will come up for some lap time when I'm doing something like colouring but he only stays for so long then goes off to do his own thing for a while, then comes back for a  cuddle 'top up'.   I usually manage to get something done eventually.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought coloring would be a good thing to do when Snoop and I are sitting on the porch. Wrong thinking. He has to be in my lap. Can't color with a cat in my lap. :nod:
Rest the book on his back. I used to rest my newspaper on the back of my late lotto.

catiebc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love these! I got an ocean theme colouring book for Christmas. So hard to finish.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I took my book and colored pencils with me when we went on a road trip to Virginia. I have my pencils in a flat Rubbermaid box with lid. I put that on the console between us and colored away. Between doing that and watching the scenery along the way, the drive of several hours passed quickly. It was very relaxing.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did this today:

It's from a coloring book I got at work at last week's career development fair. The company is starting a new program to help employess de-stress