Adult coloring books

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I am in awe of anyone who can figure out how to colour things in on a computer.   I haven't even mastered the basic Paint system for colouring. 

The latest works are lovely @LTS3  , the colours are all so cheerful looking without being too scarily bright.  

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last edited:

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Yep, it counts! It's still colouring, only done on a computer instead of using pencils/crayons and paper.

I colour using Paint Shop Pro. I look for line drawings online and either flood fill or use my mouse, and sometimes use effects and filters to enhance.

I'm filling the white spaces with Paint! I don't really have an editing tool on this computer since it's not mine. But it's still fun to color it in! 

Your pictures are very pretty! I like the colors 

I am in awe of anyone who can figure out how to colour things in on a computer.   I haven't even mastered the basic Paint system for colouring. 
It does take a little bit of patience but it's possible. I've adored MS Paint for about 15 years! I still dabbled in Corel Draw and Photoshop, but the licenses are expensive so I quit that 

That was me
Your Boston drawing looks good
Drawing on a computer does count

Lol
I use Paint mostly for cropping pictures. I feel that Paint is more for little kids who want to go crazy drawing than for anything else.

Thanks

I've been busy today.... working on coloring

I tried to do a transition from summer into fall across the page. Not sure if I succeeded but the coloring looks good.

Still in a fall mood.

This one I treated like a close up of a bird's feathers, peacock maybe?
Thank you for the pic! It's really cool!

I really like your peacock spin on the picture! very creative! 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I love the blues used in the feathers, and the transition in the colours across pages LTS3.

The article is really interesting, and who's going to listen to Russell Brand scoff at colouring when he doesn't seem to have found any intellectual, productive or peaceful way to spend his time; he just talks a lot.  Time to go do some more colouring I think.  

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I don't use Windows Paint. I use Paint Shop Pro, either version 7.04 or 8.1 depending on my mood. Plus I can do some things in version 7 that  can't do in version 3. I even have Paint Shop Pro version 3.0 because I can do things in that that I can't do in later versions.

It takes lots of practice to paint and draw with a computer mouse because it isn't as accurate as using a pen and tablet, but I've been doing this for a very long time. I got into computerized graphics in 2000, so I've had 15 years of practicing.  I would love to be able to use my pen and tablet though. I guess the only way I'll be able to figure it out is to use nothing else but the pens and stumble through it, but I don't have the patience.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been busy today.... working on coloring :D

I tried to do a transition from summer into fall across the page. Not sure if I succeeded but the coloring looks good.

Still in a fall mood.

This one I treated like a close up of a bird's feathers, peacock maybe?
I love looking at those leaves...and that bird picture came out beautifully :clap: I think you really achieved that transition well :high5:

newmamaof3 newmamaof3 I love what you've done with those gel pens. So pretty!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Anyone wanting to colour can colour online at this link.  You pick the category and you can decide either to print it off and colour it with pencils/crayons, save the picture and do it in a graphic program, or use their app and colour it on their webpage.

http://www.coloring.com/

Here is another:

http://www.keasoftware.com/online-games/my-coloring-book.html

http://www.coloringcrew.com/
loved the first site....It was so easy to color on line...thanks

BTW You do beautiful work....

I love the fairies...

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm no artist and I see so many beautiful pictures. I'm terrible with colored pencils, but I love to use gel pens. Here are a few of my favorites from the creative cats book. I love using the glitter and metallic
The pens give the pictures a completely different look than what one would expect
I really like it
What brand of pens do you use? Anything fancy or just whatever you can find in the store?

Going to do more coloring today
I have the week off from work
I can't believe it's already Thursday. No coloring tomorrow because I have to lug both cats to the vet for their yearly check up and will do some shopping after dropping the cats off at home.

newmamaof3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The pens give the pictures a completely different look than what one would expect :) I really like it :nod: What brand of pens do you use? Anything fancy or just whatever you can find in the store?

Going to do more coloring today :D I have the week off from work :woohoo: I can't believe it's already Thursday. No coloring tomorrow because I have to lug both cats to the vet for their yearly check up and will do some shopping after dropping the cats off at home.
I have all different brands of pens - fiskars makes a nice set with glitter, pastels, bolds, brights, and metallics. Same thing with a brand called lolliz and sometimes you can get two packs for the price of one on Amazon which is nice if you use a lot of a particular color and run out. I also have lots of Gelly Roll pens which are awesome but the tips are not quite as fine so it's a little tougher to do small spaces with them, although it can be done. I love the fact that the ink stays wet enough long enough to do some nice blending (but you do have to be careful not to smear till they dry). I've been coloring a long time and switched from markers to gel pens several years ago. The pens generally don't bleed through like markers can. I'm kind of a gel pen junkie so those are just a few of the brands we have. Gel extreme is good as well and finer tipped. I have ordered all mine off amazon.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Love it!   Is it a Day of the Dead picture you downloaded or from a book?

I hope you get a bit of time to work some more on this, unless of course you decide to keep all the colour to the face. Can't  wait to see how you complete it.  

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I downloaded it. I will work on it more tomorrow during his morning nap again. My daughter colours in her colouring books while I colour.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Very nice

Seaweed on the beach

I started this but then just couldn't get into coloring it

Sailing away in a storm.

One fish, two fish...
I have all different brands of pens - fiskars makes a nice set with glitter, pastels, bolds, brights, and metallics. Same thing with a brand called lolliz and sometimes you can get two packs for the price of one on Amazon which is nice if you use a lot of a particular color and run out. I also have lots of Gelly Roll pens which are awesome but the tips are not quite as fine so it's a little tougher to do small spaces with them, although it can be done. I love the fact that the ink stays wet enough long enough to do some nice blending (but you do have to be careful not to smear till they dry). I've been coloring a long time and switched from markers to gel pens several years ago. The pens generally don't bleed through like markers can. I'm kind of a gel pen junkie so those are just a few of the brands we have. Gel extreme is good as well and finer tipped. I have ordered all mine off amazon.
I'll have to look into gel pens, especially glitter ones
I think glitter would add a little extra touch to certain parts of an image.