Adult cat vomitting multiple times

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tonight, my 5y/o+ intact female persian cat just vomitting multiple times after several step, from bubble white to yellow fluid, about 13-15times. After that she going to litter and her poop is very normal, no bad smell, shaped. Then i feeding her with dryfood mixing with Oral Rehydration Solution water, she eating well, and no vomitting at the time this post made.

It's been 3months+ from last time my 6th cat died by FPV after pyometra surgery so i think that's not FPV, maybe worm or some toxic, hairball, floor cleaning chemical,..etc. I asking my vet and he's telling keep watching her.

This is first time i saw one cat that have vomitting so many times like that, my recently FPV cat just vomitting about 2-3 times, xx mins to xx hours. 4 other cat rarely vomitting, only by hairball or some allergic foods

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
As you've mentioned, is it possible she ingested something that really disagreed with her stomach?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Was she vaccinated against FPV? Has she been tested? Since you have had a cat die from this, I would definitely discuss this issue with the Vet just to be on the safe side.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi
As you've mentioned, is it possible she ingested something that really disagreed with her stomach?
i dont know, i need to check other camera angles, but that night and today she seems normal

Was she vaccinated against FPV? Has she been tested? Since you have had a cat die from this, I would definitely discuss this issue with the Vet just to be on the safe side.
all my cat is non-vaxxed, except the new kitten one, next month is 2nd shot

i think the one died by FPV is exposed at shelter, one day before surgery, about 8days eating, drinking, licking etc.. with 5 other cat. But none of them are affected (or they are but mild then get immune, i dont know)

or it's just false FPV test, because if it was FPV i think all my 5 cat surely get fpv

about that fpv cat, after surgery i just let her free-roaming 4floor pretty big house (vet doesnt give me e-collar and tell me some cat doesnt even mind about that incision area), from 4th garden-floor to 1st car floor, her eyes not so good because inbred but she catch roaches without any problems, then bring them to me.

After day 6 or day 7(when her stichies is removed) she scratch her mouth, not allowed me to touch mouth, swallow saliva, show fpv signs, lying near water bowl, etc.. but stool is very normal, shaped, day 7th may vomit but i dont recognized, checked camera i can't see which one vomited. Lose balance when vomitting, drooling after vomit, trying to hide in dark place. Day 8th, fever, normal dry shaped stool, trying to poop one more time but can't, urine seems normal.

so i research on google, there is salmonella, one of many disease, that have same signs as fpv, which carried by roaches