Ads appearing on this site...

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There seems to be a lot of political ads on this site as of late. I am NOT seeing them on any of the other apps I use, so they are NOT related to cookies specifically directed at me. Can anyone tell me how these ads show up here? Thanks.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
There seems to be a lot of political ads on this site as of late. I am NOT seeing them on any of the other apps I use, so they are NOT related to cookies specifically directed at me. Can anyone tell me how these ads show up here? Thanks.
These ads are probably geo-targeted. If advertisers think that the area where you live has a high percentage of people who still hasn't decided who to vote for, they are probably targeting that area for their campaigns and outbidding other advertisers. That would be my guess. Also, if you switch off cookies or otherwise prevent cookie-related ads from following you around, you're actually leaving more room for geo-targeted ads (rather than cookie-targeted), so that could be another reason for an influx of political ads.

Thank you for supporting the site by not blocking these ads!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for the response, and it somewhat makes sense. However, it is curious why any other sites I frequent do not have similar ads appearing, as it would seem they would, given your explanation. What's even more curious is that those same ads are not appearing on this site today!!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
There's a game I play and I was getting political ads on there, both state and national ones. :cringe: It was making me crazy, but they also have stopped now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There's a game I play and I was getting political ads on there, both state and national ones. :cringe: It was making me crazy, but they also have stopped now.
But, I noticed they are back again today on this site - for me anyway. UGH! :frustrated: