Adopted This Sweet Blue Kitten Not Sure What She May Be?

Karitcagle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I’ve googled some ideas as of what she may be or be a mix of. She looks just like a British short hair but not a super round face. She is a blue with super super soft fur. She has more of a triangle face and amber colored eyes. Very sweet and loves to snuggle. She is still pretty young. She was born September 38th 2018. Any ideas?

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Most probably domestic! But if you want to compare with a breed so perhaps chartreux.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Karitcagle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She does look like a chartreux! Her face doesn’t seem as round but maybe it’s because she is still young. Thanks for your response!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Karitcagle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And I do want to mention that I know she’s not a purebred but wanted to get an idea of a breed definitely to compare to. Thanks again!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would describe your cute little kitty as a blue domestic shorthair. Blue is a common color in the domestic cat population, and doesn't indicate any particular breed ancestry. Most cats are simply domestic cats, and are not mixes of breeds.

The Chartreux breed is very rare outside of Europe; breeders are protective of this breed, neuter and spay their pet kittens, and keep track of where their kittens go, so you are not going to find "Chartreux mixes" out there.