Adopted senior cat scared of hands

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lottama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have someone come by twice a day to put out their wet food, refill water bowls, and scoop boxes, and just check to make sure everything is okay. The person is calm and quiet (and used to cats), and if the cats don’t come out, she doesn’t push it. All three of mine are afraid of everyone but us, and I think having someone unfamiliar in “their” house, their spaces, round-the-clock would be extremely stressful for them, even if it’s someone who loves cats.
Yes, I think that's the case with Alba as well and exactly how she felt. If I think about it I would probably feel the same way if someone unfamiliar stayed in my home!😁 I will definitely consider another solution for our next trip, having someone come by twice a day sounds like a good idea! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience!

lottama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can you brush her?
No we can't brush her yet. It was a while since I tried though, but when I did she backed up and looked scared. Might try again soon. Gypsy really seems to enjoy it! She is adorable!
Thanks for your advice about our next trip and how to prepare Alba!

She purred this morning as well while rubbing against my legs, so I wasn't just imagining it the other day🙂

lottama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys! It's been a while but I just wanted to share this photo of Alba! I tried to upload a video but it didn't work. Anyway, today I petted her for the first time, and she purred! :redheartpump::redheartpump: I'm so proud of her, she keeps making progress!
IMG_3814.jpg

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys! It's been a while but I just wanted to share this photo of Alba! I tried to upload a video but it didn't work. Anyway, today I petted her for the first time, and she purred! :redheartpump::redheartpump: I'm so proud of her, she keeps making progress!
View attachment 398877
:heartshape: :clap::clap2::hearthrob::redheartpump: Oh I'm so happy! Thank you for letting us know:catlove::happycat: I think you can post videos from a facebook account but I don't know how. I can sometimes post them from my Instagram account.:clapcat: Does she like brushing? Gypsy likes different types. She's beautiful, more photos please :bouquet:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
You should be proud of yourself too. You were patient and didn't rush her but instead allowed her to move at her own pace, just like we did with Gypsy.:bouquet::lovecat:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Your update made my day, L lottama ! I've been thinking about you and wondering how Alba was progressing on her adjustment. I'm so glad to hear--and to see-how contented she is and that you can actually pet her! Her eyes are half-closed, her ears are pointed up. She's a happy, relaxed kitty. And she's a gorgeous kitty. :redheartpump:

Posting a video takes more steps than posting a photo. Here's how:
How To Upload And Add Videos To Your Posts – TheCatSite Articles