Adopted Russian Blue and I have lots of questions, because I'm new to being a cat owner.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-118891.gif
Russianblue, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3650.JPG
yo you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Normally you can get registration papers from your cat's breeder, although depending on your contract with the breeder, you may need to get your cat neutered / spayed before getting the papers. Check your contract, or ask the breeder.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
But back to your question: Normally you get the certificates from the breeder, as part of the purchase. Even if it happens the breeder doesnt sell the kittens with certificate.

There are no good alternative ways, even if theoretically, there may be some very tedious way.

But an idea: What if you found an excellent RB look alike, say after a tornado. And you find it has a chip, and the chip is registered, and there it stands its a purebred Russian Blue, etc... And say, the owner / breeder is no more, or he did lost everything in the catastrophe. She has no documents left, but is perfectly willing to let you keep the cat.
I suppose this scenario is one of the very few exceptions where you perhaps can get the certificate afterwards...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Russianblue

Russian Blue
Kitten
Purraise
Normally you can get registration papers from your cat's breeder, although depending on your contract with the breeder, you may need to get your cat neutered / spayed before getting the papers. Check your contract, or ask the breeder.
I adopted her without papers. Her previous owner doesn't have any info on the breeder or Sire or Damn.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I adopted her without papers. Her previous owner doesn't have any info on the breeder or Sire or Damn.
If you can't track down the breeder and have no information on your cat's parents, you won't be able to get registration papers for her. What is her story? Did her previous owner get her from someone who had bought her from a breeder? Maybe you can track down the breeder that way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Russianblue

Russian Blue
Kitten
Purraise
If you can't track down the breeder and have no information on your cat's parents, you won't be able to get registration papers for her. What is her story? Did her previous owner get her from someone who had bought her from a breeder? Maybe you can track down the breeder that way.
That's a great idea, need to find out! I've only had her for 3 days.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Btw, momma spells Dame or possibly Dam. As in Madame, you know.

In England Dame is a female noble, where she helds the title by her own right not because she is the wife to one. She is a female Sir, so to speak.

Bryndala

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im just curious if its the picture or not, but what color is your cats paws?