Adopted an adult stray

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
It may be the Revolution. My Jamie is very upset after getting any of the spot on flea treatments and will hide/avoid us for a few days/sit in the gunfighter position if we are in the room. You did the treatment yesterday, which is still soon enough for her to remember. Jamie is never held tightly either, but he absolutely remembers that he was restrained by my husband. In fact, he seems to feel that the restraining is the bigger insult and will spend a few days walking up to my husband, hissing, and walking away.

I am guessing that if she is fine when you are not around, that she is more upset about the Revolution than ill. A cat who is hiding because they are ill usually stays in the hiding place.

They are sensing that you and your wife are upset; of course, you have to live your lives and have your jobs. You will be back in two weeks. Try to focus on that and stay in touch with the house sitter when you are away. Most cats get over these moods, although missing your wife may throw another wrench in the works temporarily.

If Pumpkin needs a vet, that is non negotiable. She may not like it, but don't get pulled into a guilt trip, which cats are very good at doing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

anticus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your input Fionasmom! Be assured that if Pumpkin needs a vet - she will go no matter how unwilling she is. I do not gamble with their health.