Adopted A Pregnant Cat, Could Be Due Soon, Need Advice?

MilkyTheCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, just looking for advice about a pregnant stray we adopted. Quite a long post though, sorry!!

So about 8 days ago, this stray kitty (still haven’t given her a name) started coming to our door everyday asking for food and attention. The first time I saw her, she was straight away super affectionate and loving, and very very vocal lol. I realised after a few days that she was pregnant so we are now keeping her inside and taking care of her until she has her kittens. We have been feeding her kitten food, and do plan to get her fixed as soon as we can after she gives birth. I gave her flea/worm meds aswell, she had fleas & miliary dermatitis :(

Her belly is currently quite round/bumpy on the sides and feels kind of hard. She has been sleeping constantly and excessively grooming her lower stomach/legs. She’s also shown some sort of nesting behaviour I think? Crawling into cupboards/closets and under beds/couches multiple times etc but hasn’t really picked a spot yet. She seems to prefer sleeping on a hard surface rather than something soft so she’s rejected all the soft nesting places I made for her lol. She always comes up to me and meows loudly, and seems to always need me in the same room as her or she will complain hahaha.

Her nesting behaviour and licking her lower belly makes me feel like she might be due soon? But I don’t think I’ve seen or felt any kitten movement since I’ve had her, I’m not sure if her stomach has dropped either. There’s no milk production yet, and she still has quite a big appetite. I can’t tell if she’s had any discharge but her vulva is a bit open??? Not sure if that’s normal...

Since we recently adopted her, I have no idea when she conceived. I’m just not sure if she’s due very soon or if she’s not close at all? My partner and I are both nervous about the birth but also very excited to see kittens! Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MilkyTheCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I posted a week ago about a pregnant stray that we took in.
Haven’t been able to take her to the vet yet as Uni has just started so we’ve been very busy, but I wanted to wanted to confirm whether she looks pregnant? I attached some photos of her nipples. I’m afraid she might have worms rather than be pregnant.

She did have quite a round belly but in the past two days her stomach has shrunk, it almost looks like she’s not pregnant anymore although I can still feel that her belly is quite hard. I assumed it was the kittens shifting into the birth canal but I’m not sure as I haven’t been able to feel or see any kitten movement even since I took her in two weeks ago. Her belly never got super big though so I’m not sure if she’s far along with 1 or 2 kittens or whether she’s still early in her pregnancy.

Her nipples also look kind of white? Is this normal? You can see it in the pictures below. I really am just hoping for some confirmation on whether or not she’s pregnant and how far along she might be because. Thanks in advance!!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its just to prepare, observe and wait calmly..,

Teats are sooner rosy than white.