Adding Photos To A Post?

voyager

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been adding pics to my posts by inserting a link to the photo on my website using html code:
The photos I have already uploaded are still being displayed, but I am no longer allowed to add pics that way in a new post.
I get an X'd out photo icon now when I preview the post and the links are removed from the text body.
What's going on?
Have the rules been changed?
EDIT:
It has done the same thing to the non functional example I used above.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Which button are you using? I sometimes forget when I'm posting pics, and use the link button instead of the picture one :doh:
This article lays out the steps - hopefully it'll help. I noticed that only links ending in certain image extensions can be posted this way - maybe that's the problem?
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just save pics to my computer under photo's. Hit the "upload a file" button, browse photo's, click on the photo and hit open and the pic uploads. Then you can post it as a thumb nail or full photo.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

voyager

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have not been using any buttons.
I have been inserting an HTML code that displays the off site photo in the body of the post.
very rarely do I ever upload a photo to a website unless it's my own.
It was allowed in my previous posts but now seems to be blocked.

That is the way I always add photos to a post in any forum.
I have never had it blocked before anywhere, which is what appears to be happening now.
I'd like to know why.

EDIT:
This may be a problem originating with my website.
I'll check further and get back on this.

EDIT AGAIN:
My apology. The problem was with my photo album software.
Why it didn't happen on the earlier posted photos, I have no idea.

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just save pics to my computer under photo's. Hit the "upload a file" button, browse photo's, click on the photo and hit open and the pic uploads. Then you can post it as a thumb nail or full photo.
I am still trying and get a message that says please upload the correct file image.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Does the file name for the image you're trying to upload end in .jpg, .png., or .gif? If not, you could try renaming it and saving it as a .jpg on your computer and then uploading that.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does the file name for the image you're trying to upload end in .jpg, .png., or .gif? If not, you could try renaming it and saving it as a .jpg on your computer and then uploading that.
The picture is uploaded to my computer as a jpg file. This has been going on for me for a while. So I don't know what to do now.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Is it happening with other photos, or just that one? I don't know what to tell you. Are you using "Upload a File", or the image icon in the toolbar? Try both.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is it happening with other photos, or just that one? I don't know what to tell you. Are you using "Upload a File", or the image icon in the toolbar? Try both.
I finally got the pictures posted in the Cats and Christmas Trees thread. I used the upload an image file and it worked.