Adderall Warning- cat attract: if you don’t know read this

darcifinn

Jax & Audie
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi -

We had a very scary experience with our three-year-old boy. I hadn’t felt world so I lay down for a couple hours and when I woke up I asked my husband where’s Jax. We found him, sniffing, sniffing, walking funny, breathing shallow with his head hunched over but constantly moving. First week that something scared him and then I ran him over to the emergency vet. They had no clue what it was and asked us about pot. My husband is a police officer so we have no drugs in the house. We said do whatever you have to do in about $2500 later they really didn’t have any answers. They referred him to a neurologist which was $500 just to talk to him. He called and said he didn’t think it was neurological and he just wanted to make sure that we didn’t have any pot, meth or Coke in the house - or maybe Adderall? Bingo. That was it I am ADD and I had spilled a bottle of my Adderall I wasn’t as worried about missing a pill because my boys don’t eat foreign objects. Turns out the cats are actually attracted to something in the Adderall and will eat it and will swallow it. That’s what it was he is still be covering his eyes have stopped being completely dilated. We expect him to come home tomorrow he ate and he slept. They said he will make a full recovery. It will probably end up costing us about $3500 which will be money well spent because we love our boy. I am hoping just to sleep others of the expense and the worry. I’m still a little nervous some thing will surprise us and he will come tomorrow but the vet said they had every confidence we would be good.

Attachments

jisaacson214

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi -

We had a very scary experience with our three-year-old boy. I hadn’t felt world so I lay down for a couple hours and when I woke up I asked my husband where’s Jax. We found him, sniffing, sniffing, walking funny, breathing shallow with his head hunched over but constantly moving. First week that something scared him and then I ran him over to the emergency vet. They had no clue what it was and asked us about pot. My husband is a police officer so we have no drugs in the house. We said do whatever you have to do in about $2500 later they really didn’t have any answers. They referred him to a neurologist which was $500 just to talk to him. He called and said he didn’t think it was neurological and he just wanted to make sure that we didn’t have any pot, meth or Coke in the house - or maybe Adderall? Bingo. That was it I am ADD and I had spilled a bottle of my Adderall I wasn’t as worried about missing a pill because my boys don’t eat foreign objects. Turns out the cats are actually attracted to something in the Adderall and will eat it and will swallow it. That’s what it was he is still be covering his eyes have stopped being completely dilated. We expect him to come home tomorrow he ate and he slept. They said he will make a full recovery. It will probably end up costing us about $3500 which will be money well spent because we love our boy. I am hoping just to sleep others of the expense and the worry. I’m still a little nervous some thing will surprise us and he will come tomorrow but the vet said they had every confidence we would be good.
I too had a recent scary experience involving my cat & Adderall. One morning I was taking my pills out of the bottle & one fell onto the counter. My cat Grembly picked it up in her mouth & took off running w it. Thankfully I was able to catch up to her & get her to drop the pill. It was an extended release capsule & her teeth had not punctured it thank goodness. Scared the crap outta me though!