Add-a-Letter Anagram game

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
~~~

We'll start with a single three letter word.

The next person adds one letter and can then rearrange the letters to create a new single word. (NOTE: If you cannot rearrange the letters to come up with a new single word, you can keep the same positioning of the letters and simply add a letter... but anagrams --rearranging the letters-- should be the goal if you can manage it.)

We'll see how long a word we end up with before we have to start the process again with a new three letter word.

EXAMPLES:

-- Eat

-- Tape

-- Spate

-- Tapers

et cetera.

~~~

The new three letter word to start the game:

Sit

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh, oooh. oooh - Shadowiest.
I added an "r" and came up with:

Weirdostash 

Somewhere for secreting weirdos.

Allegedly.... 
Somewhere there is a red buzzer button being set off! :nono:

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , when you came up with "Shadowiest" after Boris' word, you left out the letter "-l", made it an "-s" -- and added an "-a".

P.S. I see maybe "dishtowels" was offered by you following "dishtowel", which takes care of the 2nd "-s" with your further offering of "shadowiest" but you still left out the "-l" and you left both as 10-letter words & we also should alternate players so I'm confused now at your intent! ;)

so... I need some coffee...

~~~

Let's just start anew...

Next three letter word:

Lye

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somewhere there is a red buzzer button being set off!

@1CatOverTheLine, when you came up with "Shadowiest" after Boris' word, you left out the letter "-l", made it an "-s" -- and added an "-a".

P.S. I see maybe "dishtowels" was offered by you following "dishtowel", which takes care of the 2nd "-s" with your further offering of "shadowiest" but you still left out the "-l" and you left both as 10-letter words & we also should alternate players so I'm confused now at your intent!

so... I need some coffee...

I needed coffee too.  Simply adding the "s" to dishtowel seemed unfair, and shadowiest struck me after I noted that, "dishtowels," was probably the last possibility.  I should have parsed it out on paper rather than relying on what little memory I have left.  Either way, I think that BorisDiamond won the round with, "dishtowel," since simply forming a plural really isn't cricket.

;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's ok! Now you may have stymied everyone with "jelly" :nod:

Let's see if someone can come up with the next word. BorisDiamond is great at word games :wavey: