Active Tabby Cat - Mixed Breed?

MarbleFresco

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my guy Tobi (adopted from a shelter about a month ago), and I know he's a DSH and not pure-bred, but I was wondering if anyone can help identify what his lineage might be (if anything).

Physical Traits:
-Mackarel/Spotted Tabby (his sides have very muddy-looking "spots" when he's up walking around that turn into stripes when sitting)
-Shorter tail
-Long, lean legs
-Slim Frame (he weighs approx. 10lbs)
-Small, visible belly flap
-Wedge/Triangle shape face (?)
-Super thin fur (very soft)
-Decent sized ears (they sit pretty high up on his head)
-Black "fish-bone" marking from head to tail (although near his neck he's got a bunch of distinct lines coming from that)

Personality:
-Friendlyish (willingly interacts with strangers, but dislikes loud noises)
-Extremely Active (I can play with him multiple times throughout the day, but at night he grabs his favorite toys and zooms around the house from one room to another, playing hard with his toys and then runs back) basically, he's hard to tire out completely, and he often plays with his toys on his own
-Vocal (he meows when jumping/after using the litterbox/after eating/at night) he doesn't seem to vocalize when he wants something, it's more like he does it as a response to other stimuli
-Clingy (he'll often follow me around from room to room, wants to be involved in whatever I'm doing)
-Not overly Affectionate (he never bites and will sit around to be pet, but he's definitely not going to sit in your lap for long, unless you put him there)

When I took him to the vet she mentioned him being part Siamese (with his head-shape), but I personally think he's more Abyssinian if anything.

Thanks for your opinions!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Aww! What a handsome boy! I would describe him as a brown broken mackeral tabby Domestic Shorthair. There are no specific breed lookalikes jumping out at me with your sweet Tobi, but maybe another poster can see something that I can’t put my finger on. He’s a very nice-looking cat no matter what you call him.