Accidentally pulled hair from a cats butt

Scaredpersianowner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,
My Persian cat had a poop and was running around like crazy after she left the litter box. I noticed she had a piece of poop attached to her fur. When I went to grab it, I noticed it had a human hair coming out of it that went straight into her bum. She then ran off so fast that it pulled out when she took off and I ended up with the poop and hair in my hand. She did not yelp or anything, only cleaned her butt for a few seconds after and is now laying down sleeping.
I looked it up online after and learned you’re never supposed to pull anything out. I am freaking out that I have caused damage to her insides. Like I said she didn’t yelp and she is not bleeding, and it seems like not a lot of the hair was inside of her butt. Should I be worried?
Thank you so much for your time

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I suspect she’ll be fine. Human hair is not as bad as thread or string.
Still, keep an eye on her for a while. If she goes off her appetite, has abnormal bowel movement, or quits using the box, then think about a possible vet visit.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Hair is pretty much par for the course, especially with a Persian or any long hair pet. I can’t imagine how much grooming and floor cleaning you have to keep up with. 🤪

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Scaredpersianowner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hair is pretty much par for the course, especially with a Persian or any long hair pet. I can’t imagine how much grooming and floor cleaning you have to keep up with. 🤪
It’s a lot! I am terrified all the time, seems like she gets sick so easy. I was worried because it was one of my hairs so it’s pretty long. I felt it slide out of her butt and I hope I didn’t cause a blockage or something :( I am also leaving on a vacation in 2 days! Hopefully she poops tomorrow or soon