AC question

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Mark
Where I live ( Georgia )the AC and the Shelter is sharing a building together . So when AC are getting a dog/puppy or a cat/kitten in and it looks cute and it is healthy and so on they are placing those animals in the shelter for adoption . That is really great . But , if not , they will be put down . My real problem is that the AC is still using the gas to PTS the animals . I personal think that this is a very cruel way to PTS a animal . You may also know what the animals all go through and it is better if not said here for the sensitive people .
So my question is : How can this be changed ? Do we as people have to make a big noice ? Or is there a way to change it leagaly (sp) in a differend way ?
If you need more info on location please pm or email me , thanks .

mark kumpf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First, find a friendly legislator. Then find an SPCA or animal control that is in your area that would support it. A couple of years ago and ACO DIED after being overcome by the gas at his shelter. Make a lot of noise. I don't like it at all. - m

lotsocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Talk to your state legislators and work with local animal groups. Here in Kentucky, we are trying to outlaw use of gunshot as a means of euthanizing animals at shelters (it is embarassing that gunshot is still used in many counties here). The proposed new law has made it through the state congress and is now being read by the senate. Hopefully next week it will be passed. This change would never have happened without passionate lobbying by animal lovers and humane societies across the state. It truly does take a grassroots effort to stop this cruel treatment of animals.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lotsocats

Talk to your state legislators and work with local animal groups. Here in Kentucky, we are trying to outlaw use of gunshot as a means of euthanizing animals at shelters (it is embarassing that gunshot is still used in many counties here). The proposed new law has made it through the state congress and is now being read by the senate. Hopefully next week it will be passed. This change would never have happened without passionate lobbying by animal lovers and humane societies across the state. It truly does take a grassroots effort to stop this cruel treatment of animals.
I was wondering if it has passed Lotsocats ?

Right now we a trying to get as much signatures from people as possible who are against the gas . We did try talking to AC with no success

Mark , would placing something in the paper do any good , just to make people aware of what is going on ? I am sure most people have no clue about gas and what it does to animals .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise