Aby breeder recommendations

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Can anyone recommend a good abyssinian breeder? I'd love to get an aby, looking at least a year or two down the line. I've done a google search and found several breeders in the U.S. and Canada, but of course they're only going to say good things about themselves on their websites. I'd rather have a personal endorsement.
Also, what would be a reasonable price for a pet-quality aby?

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Abymummy will probably come along shortly with some recs. She had some great ones for me. I paid around $850 for my aby but that included spay, shots, and a microchip so to me it was very reasonable. From looking around, that was about what most other reputable breeders were charging as well.

Congrats on the future ownership of an aby!
As Abymummy will also tell you, once you have one, you'll want another. From my experience that's very true. I'd have a whole houseful if I could!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

You want me to talk to Mary for you?
She will be benching with me at the next cat show.
She is a Aby breeder and she nows good breeders.
That would be great if you could talk to her. Do you know the name of her cattery, or a website I could check out?

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her cattery is Zinfelmax.
She loaned me a sheet at the last show.
I can ask her what other breeders are good if you want.
There is no website right now.
Abyssinians kittens available to approved indoor only homes. Bred for health, temperment, confirmation, and color. Top winning bloodlines, CFA and TICA registered, 6 generation pedigree provided 1 year genetic health guarantee. San Francisco Bay Area.

I will pm the other info.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Her cattery is Zinfelmax.
She loaned me a sheet at the last show.
I can ask her what other breeders are good if you want.
There is no website right now.
Abyssinians kittens available to approved indoor only homes. Bred for health, temperment, confirmation, and color. Top winning bloodlines, CFA and TICA registered, 6 generation pedigree provided 1 year genetic health guarantee. San Francisco Bay Area.

I will pm the other info.

Thanks for the information. I've actually found a list of several aby breeders in Arizona, but most of them don't have websites. At least one of them is close enough I might be able to visit. Maybe you could ask Mary if she knows any of the Arizona breeders.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got this email from another breeder.
I would give Ange an A1 reference!!!! There are a few others in AZ I would not work with :-)