Absolutely shattered

RobC

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can't even believe I am writing this but this morning my wife and I had to put our cat Snuggles to rest. He had a ton of health issues but even yesterday was like a normal day for him.

Last night we were awoken to a cry and checked him but everything seemed OK, although he wouldn't come out from under the bed. This morning he wouldn't eat and was hiding. We tried to bring him upstairs and he was crying. We took him to the emergency vet and they said it was time.

I feel so upset that he is gone. Since this morning I haven't been able to sit still or concentrate. I just keep expecting to see him come around the corner.

Snuggles was the most lovable cat I have ever seen in my life. Each night he would sleep with us and there was no such thing as personal space with him. He would have his nose touching mine and his paw gently on my cheek as we slept.

I honestly can't believe he is not here, I am sorry I am not good with loss. Part of me (and I know this will sound strange) wants to drive to the vet where he was put to sleep and just see his body again and hold him tight.
Snuggies.jpg

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy to say goodbye to our furry family members.

Snuggles had such a gentle face and looks like he was a giant marshmallow to snuggle! I bet he sure earned his name!

I don't think you sound silly at all, I've wanted to do that a few times before myself.

You can see in his eyes how much he knew he was loved, that's for sure.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. Snuggles sounds like such a sweet boy and I know you will miss him terribly. There are no words I can say right now to make you feel better, but in time you will, I promise. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you how much time it will take, as everyone is different.

Whatever the case, you did the only thing you could for him, you gave him the greatest gift by letting him go when the time came :rbheart:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so, so sorry. I read, and even responded to one of, your threads. I think you did all you could for Snuggles, and I truly believe he knows that. Despite the fact that we all go through this, there are no words to offer you that will give you the consolation you need for Snuggles. Each situation is different, and all we can do is commiserate together. RIP little Snuggles. :angel::grouphug:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Snuggles, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Sometimes, if we are very lucky, we meet a cat who inhabits not just our hearts, but our very souls. And in the natural way of things, we most often lose that cat...their little lives are SO BRIGHT, but so short, compared to ours. And we are, for a time, bereft. But slowly, slowly, we realize that we must accept the losing to have had the great blessing of the having. And that the love we shared was worth everything, and that we would, indeed, do it all over again. This is the deepest truth I know...that love never dies, it only changes form, is translated and purified, and continues on, now Love. And Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. Later, when the shock is not so raw, open your heart, and you will find Snuggle's Love, waiting there for you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's never easy to say goodbye. Even though we know it is inevitable when someone grows old, or is ill. Snuggles was telling you it was time. When life becomes a struggle, when the pain gets to be too great, when one exists, not truly lives anymore, it is time.
Of course, you are distraught. You just lost a loved one and no matter how much you prepare, it shatters the soul. Try to remember, Snuggles would want you to go on into the future happy and seeking all it has to offer, just as you would want for him if you were the first to go. None of us are guaranteed a tomorrow, so be happy and remember the good times with Snuggles, not the end. There were so many more years of happiness than sadness, "Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened"
It takes a long time to work through the sadness of a loved one's passing. Time is the only thing that helps. Though he took a part of your heart for comfort, he left a bit of his own with you. The bond of love you formed is eternal because it is spiritual, he will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. He shared his life's journey with you, and though he now follows another path it will forever parallel your own. There will come a day when you can use your sweet memories of happy times with him to bring comfort to your broken heart. We are here as proof that even though you think your world will never be happy again, it will. You are stronger than you think. Use Snuggles love to help you through this. Until then just take one day at a time......Rip sweet Snuggles. You will always be missed, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RobC

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for the replies. I actually cried reading them. You are all so sweet. Thank you. This is the first whole day without him. I already walked by the area where his food bowl was and the other area where his litter used to be. It is so sad not to see those things there. Trying to sleep last night was such a struggle as my heart was racing and I felt like there was something inside of me not wanting to be in just one place. I feel such an immense sadness.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry to read about Snuggles. It's always such a shock, even when we know they have health issues and their remaining time may be short. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Rest in peace, little one. :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RobC

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had some great friends come over tonight just to spend some time with my wife and I. We talked about lots of things and we all shared pics that we had on our phones of Snuggles. After they left we came back to reality, but it was great to see and share all those photos.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for the loss of your handsome Snuggles. It's so painful to see the house empty and all his things gone, I know the feeling.
I can only say that I understand you and I can tell you that it'll get easier in time.
Your Snuggles will be looking over you both and will guide you through your days, he will never leave you.
RIP Snuggles.