about yourself and not your cats ... tell us about you?

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently turned 46. My husband and I are about to celebrate 12 years together and have been married since November 2016. I have two adult children from my first marriage, and one grandson, who is affectionately called Hobbit (or Hobbit Baby). I am 5' tall with hip-length dark auburn hair. I am a survivor of domestic violence that left me physically disabled and suffering from C-PTSD. My educational background includes a bachelor's in English, a master's in Humanities, and a master's in Comparative Literature. I suffered a mild TBI, which affected my memory, so, top that with agoraphobia and anxiety from the C-PTSD, and my degrees are essentially useless.

I have a medical disorder called lipedema, which makes me a bit extra "fluffy." I am a friendly introvert who, according to many people, seems terrifying and heartless in person until you get to know me. I have one of those mean faces and my anxiety makes me seem haughty. Apparently, I also have one of those voices that can scare people because I often sound angry or annoyed when I am not. My children, husband, sister-in-law, and best friend think it is a shame that most people who know me do not know how funny I am.

I may have mentioned this a few times, but it is worth repeating: I am wildly and happily in love with my amazing, sweet husband. I like to analyze literature, watch movies and tv, read (especially pre-Modernists era), bake, cook, write fiction and literary articles, and paint. I am also involved in a few organizations and activities, such as taking care of local ferals and strays, donating to local charities, advocating against domestic violence and censorship, and advocating for women's rights, prisoner rights, prison reform, reproductive rights, LGTBQ+ rights, and education. I also like to work on my house. (I am still trying to make time for the kitchen floor stencils!)

This is the most recent selfie. Pretty sure it is from last year. I do not take that many.
View attachment 382438
you dont look mean also glad you survived the domestic violence and are happily married now

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A very interesting thread, it's great to learn a bit more about everyone here!
I've turned 22 this January and am currently in my second year of college. I'm studying to become a social worker, but am struggling to stay motivated. I live in the Netherlands and have never moved. I'm bi, currently single and not planning on changing that any time soon.
I'm 167cm, or like 5'6 for my imperial folk. Blue eyes with hair that reaches my lower back by now. The colour changes often enough, but is now a light brown.
I've had my fair share of obstacles I guess, been dealing with some mental health issues for a long while now. This is making school even harder which really sucks, because I'm a true perfectionist. Getting my cats did help hang onto life, so I'm really thankful for that.
I'm someone that loves to stay at home. Reading, writing, watching YouTube.
I'm not really the selfie kind of person, but wanted to include a face regardless.
IMG-20200831-WA0023.jpeg
IMG-20201017-WA0040.jpeg
I had to include that last pic😂 he is getting quite heavy.
Thank you for reading 💗

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I work for a feline only Veterinary Hospital for the last 5 years, before that I spent 30+ years working at a variety of specialty hospitals and emergency hospitals. As well as mixed GP hospitals. My first job was at a Humane Society when I was 14.
I also have a horse and spent 5 years working for a dressage trainer.
Guess that’s all there is about me.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 26. My husband, B, and I have been married since September 2017. We met as freshmen in college, and the rest is history! We live in middle Georgia, but have aspirations to move back to the foothills/mountains of South Carolina or North Carolina in the next few years.

I like to fish, hike, and camp. Cleaning is a favorite pastime- I find it therapeutic. I need more hobbies, lol.

I like to watch true crime documentaries and anything suspenseful, from ghost encounters to thriller TV series. I am patiently waiting for the new seasons of The Outsider, Ozark, and Stranger Things to come out. On the opposite end of that spectrum, I'm waiting for the new season of Outlander.

I listen to pop radio, but I have an old Pandora station that I can't get rid of. It's a beautiful blend of Michael Buble, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, etc...

B and I are both scientists. I work in a wastewater laboratory as an analyst. He is a drug chemist.

We are currently TTC, so we will (hopefully) be welcoming a little one into the world sometime next year. :)

PS, this picture is older, I haven't taken a selfie of just me in years

Me.jpg

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 70 and have been single since my husband passed away in 1999. At 48 I was too young to get his social security so I continued to work. I visited an elderly friend in Arizona that I met while playing a game on the internet. After getting to know each other for two years, and visiting 3 times, I decided to move here to take care of him. I don't have children or any close relatives so it wasn't a hard decision to leave the cold winters in Maryland to live where it's warm. My friend passed away five years later and I bought a house and made Arizona my permanent home. Two years after I had to stop driving due to vision problems, I moved to independent living in a retirement community. I have plenty of company with other people who live here and Chiqui, my nine year old Siamese/snowshoe mix has a screened patio to enjoy the sun and watch birds. She likes going outside wearing her halter. I know she's safer than she was where I used to live, where she could use the doggie door to go out in the back yard during the day.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great thread idea, strider rose strider rose !

Hello, everyone! I never made an introductory post, so I guess this is sort of my introduction! I love all animals and always have. I live in California. I have cats (of course), bunnies, birds (parakeets), a dog, and a fish. I am in high school. I am a Christian. I love reading, writing, theater, board games, music, cheese, and being outdoors.

And I know you said don’t talk about your cats, but… I have to at least mention my cats :lol:
I have two adult cats- Pants and Eden- and one cat who is around 10 months old- Willow. I can’t remember ever not loving cats. Our first cat was rescued from under the house about ten years ago, and I’ve had (or at least fed stray) cats ever since.

I found TCS a couple of years ago, but I wasn’t really active on it until about a year ago. I love connecting with this community of cat lovers. It’s been wonderful to chat with everyone here, and I’m grateful for everyone who has been so kind and given great advice. I hope to continue to get to know everyone better! And I love reading everybody’s posts! So fun to get to know you all a little bit better :)

Last edited:

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not going to say my age for privacy reasons, but I will say that I'm fairly young. I love to read and write. My favorite book genres are fantasy, sci fi, historical fiction, horror, thriller, dystopian, and some classics. I also love to listen to music, watch movies, and bake desserts. I am twin and a Christian. I live in a small town in Maine outside of the town itself, so I'm surrounded by woods and wildlife. It's very peaceful.

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lola3791 Lola3791 hello and welcome to my thread . its ok that you dont want to say your age ... i have never been to maine yet .
I love to travel and see the world . my grandpa was a truck driver when i was little and thats how i first began traveling
Thanks for the welcome! Maine's a lovely state to visit if you ever get the chance.

John Perram

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm 64 going on 65. I work as a plumbing inspector and work hard to make sure it has been installed to the plumbing code. My wife suffered a stroke 3 years ago that left her with Aphasia and loss of her right arm. I love her dearly since we have been together for 42 years through good and bad. I have had cats all of my life and find them the most true animals in relationships. Cats will not stay if they feel mistreated like dogs.I have 2 fur babies left both are at end of life stage but both act as though nothing is wrong. Cats could teach humans a lot about pain management. Take care and I thank this site for letting me say goodbye to my Batman (the guy in my pic)

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in my late sixties and have been happily married for over 45 years. My husband is currently in a nursing home due to recurring injuries to his feet and legs, with a nasty tendency towards infection. Meanwhile, I'm trying to keep up with the bills, sell off the building where my husband's office was (he does income taxes), and get our home made wheelchair accessible for him for when he's finally able to be released. I'm also trying to figure out how to (eventually) finance a return to college for myself; I'd love to get both a Bachelor's and a Master's degree in mathematics but at my age there's no way I could manage a student loan.

I crochet, tat, sew, and make temari balls (do a Google search on "temari balls" for lots of pretty pictures); I enjoy playing sudoku; and I draw Celtic-style knotwork. In books I enjoy science fiction, mysteries, humor, science fact, and some of the better self-help books. And I'm a filker (Filk music - Wikipedia).

In 2012 I had a 2 inch benign brain tumor removed; the neurosurgeon expressed the opinion that it had been growing for about ten years, which explains why I can remember almost nothing from 2002 through the first half of 2012 (I call it "my lost decade"). Fortunately, the tumor was in a place that was easy to get at, and there's no sign that it might return.

And this is me, sitting next to my husband, with Jasmine on my lap, taken shortly after we first got Jasmine to introduce her to family members who live in other states:

family-portrait.jpg

Margret

Last edited:

TMcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone I'll introduce myself but there's not a lot to know about me!
I live in Canada not my favorite place to live cause there's always so much snow but it's okay I'm a dancer I dance ballet and lyrical love it so much best thing I've every done so much fun the second thing I love other then cats it puppies I just love how small they are I live on a farm 351 acres we have cows, chickens, pigs, two donkeys and two dogs I love reading and hanging out outside I've had Frances since 2019 and I'm so happy we adopted her! well that's about it!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any current pictures of myself, and I don't do selfies, so this will have to suffice. It was taken in '72, a couple of months after our wedding. Excuse the image quality; it was taken by Michele's mother with her Instamatic, and they weren't noted for lens quality. From left: Me, Michele, my (late) sister-in-law, and my older brother. The dog is a stray that we got at the town clerk's office when we got our marriage license, but he was stolen 2 years later.
PICT0060.JPG

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be turning 35 on Friday and it feels super weird to be this age. I am single, never been married, never really dated either because of a lot of self esteem, anxiety, depression-related, and vulnerability issues. I bought my first house last year, just a few days before the pandemic shut things down. I started working from home and I've only actually commuted once from my new house since then, which is actually awesome because I moved to the north metro of the Twin Cities and my job and old apartment are in the south metro.

I earned my bachelor's degree in communications and writing almost 6 years ago. It took a long time to get the degree because I was severely depressed for 11 years (basically right out of high school until I was 29). I am almost done with my master's degree in data intelligence and geoanalytics. I'll be graduating at the end of the summer and I've been casually looking for a new job in the field.

I love to read, write, do crossword puzzles, crochet, learn and try new things, and just be creative. I haven't been able to do much writing while I've been getting my master's, but one of my goals is to write a memoir or two about my experiences being mute as a child and my subsequent autism diagnosis in 2013, then also touch on my 11 year bout of depression and how it changed me and made me a better person.

I have 3 cats, Maisie, Remy, and Flora, and a puppy, Poppy. Flora and Poppy were adopted during the pandemic and I never expected I'd have so many animals, but I definitely do not regret adopting them, well, Poppy I sometimes regret. :lol: Also, I have the most adorable nieces, Noelle and Amelia, to ever exist. See some of the pictures below for proof.

This is me, taken last week or something.
192166464_331434035104593_1524439916558110927_n.jpg
Nieces
194099962_333790191535644_6633957216379483819_n.jpg
Here they are with their dad.
193202864_10219868253038260_8743782858603144307_n.jpg
Also, just Noelle because the picture (and Noelle of course) is beautiful.
194757104_10219868252038235_2571012441258689810_n.jpg

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 41, (very) single, typical "crazy cat lady". Navy brat, homeschooled, third-culture kid.

Ace/aro, exvangelical, neurodiverse, gender meh.

All I've ever really cared about was animals. I couldn't have pets when I was little because of being overseas Navy but I read EVERYTHING about animals all the time, just constantly. Since then I've had just about every kind of pet. Currently have too many cats, 4 dogs, snakes, and fish/shrimp/snails. And an acreage so I don't get in trouble for having too many pets ;). I was smart/lucky to have found an appropriate acreage when I did (2013) because wow, the prices now are insane!

Last edited: