about yourself and not your cats ... tell us about you?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
married to a great guy for 7 years
Didn't you meet on a dating site? Which one? I was thinking of trying one of those, as long as I can say what I specifically want in a guy.
Must shower daily! The last one didn't...

I'm 45 years old, very tall, single. Not sharing a pic, but I think I did share a headless selfie a while back. Here it is:
The Positive Thread 2020 | Page 65 | TheCatSite

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi yes we met through a soldier dating site back around 2013 or so and started talking on facebook . he bought me a cell phone so that i could text him and around april after my birthday he came to get me and brought me to his state ( michigan) and we got married

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
49 years old. If I could, I would have stayed 35 forever.

Processes crime evidence for a Police Department in VA. Love love love it! I find gross things cool and I like trying to solve cases by what is given to me.

Met and married my husband after meeting at a vet office within 3 months. That was almost 24 years ago. That could have gone sideways real quick but luckily we agree on the important stuff like finances.

Two boys ages 20 and 17. Both have been smarter than me since they were in elementary school. Oldest is outdoorsy and has my work ethic. Youngest is a thinker and loves history like his Dad.

Paid off our mortgage years ago so don't have that burden anymore which really helped when our boys were young and we can pay for college without financial aid.

The men folk on here... stop reading now!! This is your only warning!!!

The most interesting thing about me is that I haven't had a menstrual cycle since I was 32. My youngest was literally my last good egg and my body dumped the rest a few months after he was born.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I'm 66 and now retired. Married to a wonderful guy for 50 years. He's amazing. We have one son, who will turn 50 this fall and we have two Grands. Love the cats, love to read, love to cook and bake. It's what I do. (And I eat, too!)

This was the last picture taken of me that I can recall. We had just finished a pizza class at King Arthur in Vermont and I'm testing my pizza!

Pam.jpg

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
30s, I like gardens, books, bread, and volunteering. 1 husband, 2 kids, 5 chickens, 5 cats (strays/rescues that are outdoor only), and 1 dog (German shepherd and basset hound mix).

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm over 70, married for almost 49 years, a veteran- enlisted in '67- went to school on the GI Bill, and spent over 40 years as a heavy equipment mechanic. We bought our first house in 2005 and paid it off 11 years later. Both of us are retired now, with our 6 former ferals. I enjoy carpentry, gardening, reading, photography, difficult crossword puzzles, and entertaining the cats.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm over 70, married for almost 49 years, a veteran- enlisted in '67- went to school on the GI Bill, and spent over 40 years as a heavy equipment mechanic. We bought our first house in 2005 and paid it off 11 years later. Both of us are retired now, with our 6 former ferals. I enjoy carpentry, gardening, reading, photography, difficult crossword puzzles, and entertaining the cats.
Isn't that one of the greatest feeling ever when you make your last mortgage payment?

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, the best feeling is when you get that letter from the mortgage holder telling you that you're paid up; and in our case getting a check for a refund of unearned interest.
Well I guess the best feeling really was knowing that it was paid off and we were young enough to enjoy the benefits of not paying that $1000 a month anymore.

When my parents got divorced, my mom had to buy out my dad to keep the house. That cost her so much that she and I paid off our houses about the same time. Instead of a 30 year mortgage, mine ended up being a 15 year one. Hers ended up being a 40 year one.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="NY cat man, post: 5364512, member: 100249 and spent over 40 years as a heavy equipment mechanic.
[/QUOTE]
I worked for the International Union of Operating Engineers in DC for 40 years. It is the headquarters for the heavy equipment operators who are union members through out the country. By any chance did you belong to that union? If I'm being too nosy, just ignore me. I retired from them 11 years ago.

Nice thread. I enjoy seeing members pictures. Greatest people on earth!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="NY cat man, post: 5364512, member: 100249 and spent over 40 years as a heavy equipment mechanic.
I worked for the International Union of Operating Engineers in DC for 40 years. It is the headquarters for the heavy equipment operators who are union members through out the country. By any chance did you belong to that union? If I'm being too nosy, just ignore me. I retired from them 11 years ago.

Nice thread. I enjoy seeing members pictures. Greatest people on earth!
[/QUOTE]
No I wasn't. The union tried to organize our place, but got voted down by a 10-to-1 margin. I guess that the $1200 lump-sum 'initiation fee' put a lot of guys off.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol: ahh where to begini am 49 i survived a stroke in sept 2013 itwas a blessing since it ended the very crooked , very bad lifestyle i had been living since a young kid the gf and i have been committed to each other about15 years or so? i think now shhhh i am bad with dates:lol:i just know our official relationship began the month of sept(asked her to be my gf that month) after a year of dating:lol: my avatar is a selfie picture we took on valentines day a year or so past during my cardio doc visit.i consider myself the luckiest man alive and richer in life than any amount of money can ever compare to.i have an amazing intelligent,independant woman thats devoted to me and loves me unconditionally she has stuck by my side when i was down and out. even after losing everything financially along with a good part of my mobility cause of the stroke.( a man couldnt ask for more in a woman).

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently turned 46. My husband and I are about to celebrate 12 years together and have been married since November 2016. I have two adult children from my first marriage, and one grandson, who is affectionately called Hobbit (or Hobbit Baby). I am 5' tall with hip-length dark auburn hair. I am a survivor of domestic violence that left me physically disabled and suffering from C-PTSD. My educational background includes a bachelor's in English, a master's in Humanities, and a master's in Comparative Literature. I suffered a mild TBI, which affected my memory, so, top that with agoraphobia and anxiety from the C-PTSD, and my degrees are essentially useless.

I have a medical disorder called lipedema, which makes me a bit extra "fluffy." I am a friendly introvert who, according to many people, seems terrifying and heartless in person until you get to know me. I have one of those mean faces and my anxiety makes me seem haughty. Apparently, I also have one of those voices that can scare people because I often sound angry or annoyed when I am not. My children, husband, sister-in-law, and best friend think it is a shame that most people who know me do not know how funny I am.

I may have mentioned this a few times, but it is worth repeating: I am wildly and happily in love with my amazing, sweet husband. I like to analyze literature, watch movies and tv, read (especially pre-Modernists era), bake, cook, write fiction and literary articles, and paint. I am also involved in a few organizations and activities, such as taking care of local ferals and strays, donating to local charities, advocating against domestic violence and censorship, and advocating for women's rights, prisoner rights, prison reform, reproductive rights, LGTBQ+ rights, and education. I also like to work on my house. (I am still trying to make time for the kitchen floor stencils!)

This is the most recent selfie. Pretty sure it is from last year. I do not take that many.
22140782_488098621568236_6108034785620127075_n.jpg

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 33 and happily single. I like to read, write, and watch old movies.
I love old movies! A few of my favorites include "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir," "The Letter," "Wuthering Heights," "Metropolis," "Cat People," and all the Universal monster movies. My daughter's second middle name is Lucia after Lucy in "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir," and my cat Tara's middle name is Tierney after Gene Tierney. A long time ago, when I was putting myself through college as a server, an older woman told me that I reminded her of Gene Tierney, stating, "You probably don't know who that is, but rest assured knowing she was a beauty!" I had actually done my hair similar to the character Lucy that day. I told her I knew exactly who that was, and that I took it as a great compliment. I am sure it was my hair rather than my face!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be 70 next October and I don’t do selfie’s anymore. I have never married, have one son and have lived on my own since I was 17 1/2 and pregnant with him. I worked as a secretary until I was 21 and then quit to go to college where I graduated with a BS in Business/Human Resources. Most of my career I headed up Human Resource Departments in major industries - banking, newspaper, airlines and commercial construction. I retired in 2013, started a small business on Etsy, and so far have enjoyed every minute of retirement. Some of my time is spent helping to care for my 92 year old mother who is still living on her own.

Last edited: