About a Siamese that isn’t a Siamese

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
GlamourPuss, your Siamese are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
In your sig Leo looks more modern than in the picture. He looks modern but not extreme. Is he considered Modern? What color is he? He looks more blue in the sig.

I've seen some Siamese which were considered modern but not extreme. I though they were absolutely beautiful. It has left me more open to the various looks. Although I still have my preference, I'd surely be glad to add Topaz and Leo to my family.

P.S. I was looking at Topaz and her shape reminds me of one of my girls.

glamourpuss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the compliments towards my cats

I think Leo looks slighly different in the photo because of the angle he is looking up at the camera - it's shortened his face slightly. He is actually a lilac point and is fairly pale in real life. I'm not sure how you'd term my two that's why i called them "inbetween"! There's such a variation on offer with siamese as you have some breeders who are after very strong type for the show bench and everything between that and the traditional look. I'm not surprised people who are not so knowledgable about cat breeds find it confusing.

Have you got a picture of one of your girls who resembles Topaz?

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope this works. I couldn't find a picture of her that looks like Topaz, but when I look at Topaz's shape, I see Sapphire. This picture is the closest. Here goes nothing.

Oh by the way, she is a blue point, and as you can see, she would be considered somewhere in between as well.

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Siamese cat Mouse looked(who passed away in january) almost identical to your cat Topaz glamourpuss. Her sisters look just like that too.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I regret that this is merely a scan of a very old photo.
This was the last of my family's Siamese cats.
She was of course a Traditional, right down to the (nearly) bred out flaws, the crossed eyes and kinked tail.
She was born in 1970.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here is SunLee. She's a modern style Siamese, but she is not as extreme as the standard, and that's why the breeder let her go. She' not show worthy, but I still think she's a beautiful delicate little thing.

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by siameseohio

I hope this works. I couldn't find a picture of her that looks like Topaz, but when I look at Topaz's shape, I see Sapphire. This picture is the closest. Here goes nothing.

Oh by the way, she is a blue point, and as you can see, she would be considered somewhere in between as well.
She looks like my Mica in body type

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh Sims2fan! How precious!!
Now that's what I call a look of contentment.
Is Mica a lilac?

jonesie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There are a number of breeds that have pointed colors (i.e. siamese look). I have a Devon Rex that is pointed ...

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice coated Devon and very stricking color too. The pointed gene is found in many breeds now. I always wanted a pointed cornish rex. Spooky's grandmother was a seal point. His sister probably would have produced pointed if bred to a pointed male. I didn't have a pointed male to breed to.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Well if the cats are from the same parents and the parents do NOT have white on them - your little boy that has white feet has a DIFFERENT father! No way can a pointed cat produce a cat that has white on its feet
wouldn't they technically be snowshoes then? That's what my boy is said to be

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Black&Tan

For those interested in older siamese in pedigrees, or just a look into the past.....I've added some photo's to our Historic Siamese pages. The compendium has articles of interest.
http://www.blackandtansiamese.com/historic.htm
I think your cats are beautiful. I am a real fan of the traditional Siamese. Maybe it's because I am older and I remember when all Siamese, at least pet Siamese, were the traditional instead of the modern.

black&tan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I admit I don't know technically what is required to be called a snowshoe but I believe the all feet should be mitted (covered).

For example Jonesie's Devon Rex above has white on her front toes but the foot is not all white or mitted.

black&tan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you Denice
Like Gayef I have a deep interest in preserving the Old Style Siamese lines.

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Black&Tan

For those interested in older siamese in pedigrees, or just a look into the past.....I've added some photo's to our Historic Siamese pages. The compendium has articles of interest.
http://www.blackandtansiamese.com/historic.htm
WOW!!!! Thank you for those pics.
That was fascinating to see such old photos of Siamese. I highly respect people's efforts to preserve and keep alive the Traditional Siamese breed. Thanks.

It was also interesting to see that some of these animals held various championship status' with the CFA if I'm understanding what I'm reading. I am sorry but it does sadden me that they aren't received in the show ring any longer.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With the rexes - any color (combination) goes - there is no set standards of pattern. The body and coat and head are far more important. So it doesn't matter how much white is on the feet of a pointed. It's just labelled pointed and white for registration

Nice "old time" photos. But they are not "show cats"

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I must not of understood what I was reading. When it has them listed as Champion, or Grand Champion, etc., those aren't show titles? Thanks for any insight.