Abondoned my orange tabby and now I want her back

Status
Not open for further replies.

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
"it was apparently straining my relation with wifey (she is a bit of the jealous kind) and I had to literally throw her away in the middle of the night. But the loving soul that she was, she waited at the doorway the entire night in the freezing cold. "

Oh, ----- I thought at first that it was your wifey that got left out in the cold. In my experience though they tend to remember the address and throwing them out is often just a temporary fix. It's the same with grown up children. Now cats on the other hand tend to only stay at places where they are wanted. So you must have done something right at the beginning otherwise this one would have left all on her own. Once again the same would hold true of your wife. SO no, your not a terrible person, just someone who has not been educated in cats and what you did was more out of ignorance than anything else. I have heard of cases of kids being given ponies and not knowing even what they eat much less how to take care of them. Cats don't come with instructions either and you likely were totally unprepared with how to deal with one. So the big thing is to get educated in cats and use the experience you gained for the next chapter. Weather that will be with the you came to know or another entirely different one, it applies to both. After a while you will learn how to speak cat also, maybe you can use that on your wife to educate her so she doesn't have to spend more nights standing in front of the door.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I hope the guy you gave money to is 'legit'. I am assuming you also got his number in exchange for yours? If so, I would call him routinely just to make sure he is following up on this for you. When are you going back? I would talk to some more of the locals, and let them know about this guy that is supposed to help you - maybe others will volunteer to help, and if anyone knows him they might confirm or deny he is legit.
Edit: Oh, and ask the guy to take a pic the next time he sees this cat, just to help identify it is the one you are looking for.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ajju711

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hope the guy you gave money to is 'legit'. I am assuming you also got his number in exchange for yours? If so, I would call him routinely just to make sure he is following up on this for you. When are you going back? I would talk to some more of the locals, and let them know about this guy that is supposed to help you - maybe others will volunteer to help, and if anyone knows him they might confirm or deny he is legit.
Edit: Oh, and ask the guy to take a pic the next time he sees this cat, just to help identify it is the one you are looking for.
Thanks for the detailed reply and your concern. The guy seemed rather genuine but is not from here so was apprehensive when I approached him. My only concern is, he might have pocketed the change without doing anything about it. But I cannot do more than that. I'll try to visit him this sunday but I am losing hope already.

Keep me in your prayers!

Last edited by a moderator:

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the detailed reply and your concern. The guy seemed rather genuine but is not from here so was apprehensive when I approached him. My only concern is, he might have pocketed the change without doing anything about it. But I cannot do more than that. I'll try to visit him this sunday but I am losing hope already.

Keep me in your prayers!

Can you put out a live trap for her? If you don't have one, can you borrow one? Have you tried calling her name? My guess is that she is not far from where you left her, but it is going to take time, on your part, to find her. You might have to sit out there for hours.

I honestly have never heard of anyone asking for money when asked to keep an eye out for a cat.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I honestly have never heard of anyone asking for money when asked to keep an eye out for a cat.
Yeah that seems really strange to me too. Not something to be expected at all. I would question his intentions and be worried of what he might do to the cat in demand for more money. Super shady. Be careful.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Street cats adopt neighborhoods as much as they adopt a person in it, if not more. One of the reasons why they stay somewhere is because it's the safest they found. And some hoods have actual feline gangs. They gang up on newcomers together or separately. Tomcats stalk and some rape female cats. You might have left this poor at somewhere like that.

I am not saying this only out of anger but also, if you go there looking for her and I think you should, it's possible the cat will be hiding somewhere scared. Hiding from other cats. Or she might be sick from lack of food. From the top of pipes outside of buildings to little corners, you need to look carefully and everywhere. She might not come out even if she sees or hears you.

Also try to look at the neighborhood and around from a cat's eye and go to the safest places for a cat too that also has or is close to a food source.

You can try social media too if there is a Missing Cats page of your neighborhood on Instagram and/or Facebook.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I completely agree with MissClouseau MissClouseau , don't rely on someone else to do what is your job.
Take time off work and get out there, walk the area, call her, talk to her, shake a treat bag, have a flashlight so you can check places and trees at night.
If you use a trap, DO NOT leave it unattended.
Put up posters, talk to people, check shelters.
Over and over, again and again, repeatedly.
Otherwise stop all this and move on.

ajju711

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I did go to that place twice this week, once after sundown. That area is quite rundown as well and eerie to boot, which is making my already difficult job rather impossible

I’ll be making one last visit for the near term this Sunday. And if it doesn’t yield anything, I’ll consider that as the will of God and move on. I’ve learned a lesson of course.

ajju711

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Stay there for a long time, talk to her constantly. Walk around and all over, but not with tension but with serenity in your voice and being. She'll respond.
From your
Stay there for a long time, talk to her constantly. Walk around and all over, but not with tension but with serenity in your voice and being. She'll respond.
From your Mouth to God’s ears

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Yet another reminder

OK, just a reminder to all of you about the forum rules. One of them is to treat each other with respect. If you have nothing useful or helpful to say, move on. While I do not agree with what has been done, there is no point in piling on right now.

I'm deleting some of these posts.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I did go to that place twice this week, once after sundown. That area is quite rundown as well and eerie to boot, which is making my already difficult job rather impossible

I’ll be making one last visit for the near term this Sunday. And if it doesn’t yield anything, I’ll consider that as the will of God and move on. I’ve learned a lesson of course.

Cats are survivors and can beat the worst of odds. You placed her there and now you have a chance of saving her- take a friend with you if the place is creepy. Keep calling for her, and then listen. You will probably have to be there for several hours- look at it as a stakeout.:)

Last edited:

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Yet another reminder

OK, just a reminder to all of you about the forum rules. One of them is to treat each other with respect. If you have nothing useful or helpful to say, move on. While I do not agree with what has been done, there is no point in piling on right now.

I'm deleting some of these posts.
Can I just say that it makes me sad? I’m sorry for the whole situation and I’m sorry it happened this way and I hope you all end up okay.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that taking a friend with you to stay back and watch out for you is a great idea. Please don’t give up on her. It takes time to find them. The prayers have been there from the beginning. I still have great hope that she will turn up. I know this would be a huge relief for you and for her. Patience and devotion to the search may bring about that which you desire so much. Hoping!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
We have now locked this thread as people are ignoring
our previous requests and more posts have had to be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.