Abdomen distention.. slight liver enlargment?

Ladyrosee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering if anyone has seen this. 2 weeks ago everything was checked and normal liver enzymes etc but then Morton got sick and stopped eating much at all for a week or so. I basically had him live off treats. He got baytril yesterday and fluids because he had a fever but they did xrays on his abdomen and stuff and said everything looked fine except his liver was a little enlarged. Could this happen from not eating enough? I've noticed a few days ago that he looks potbellied. He's skinny and hes long haired but his stomach sticks out on both sides. I told the vet and she didnt say anything about it and just told me the xray was all clear and no fluids and heart looked good but liver looked a little bigger.

I'm honestly freaking out. Hes being tested gi panels for pancreatic function and stuff since he gets sick so much not eating and diarrhea and fevers. He's not himself yet but he actually ate over night twice like he usually should and does. The vet put him on kan essentials spleen support for 2 weeks too. he isnt yellow at all or anything. I was going to get his liver enzymes rechecked this week

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It very well could be. The thing to do is to encourage him to eat as normally as possible now, getting him to eat whatever he will and not be as concerned right now with his nutritional intake. Give whatever he will eat, my Burt lived on Arby's roast beef and chicken nuggets for a while when he quit eating. the liver should regenerate itself in time, but for it to be so enlarged as to be noticeable is worrisome. Rely now on liver enzyme tests, etc. to see how he is doing. Try not to stress him out with too many visits though too. Praying for a complete recovery, bless you for caring for him so well.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ladyrosee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It very well could be. The thing to do is to encourage him to eat as normally as possible now, getting him to eat whatever he will and not be as concerned right now with his nutritional intake. Give whatever he will eat, my Burt lived on Arby's roast beef and chicken nuggets for a while when he quit eating. the liver should regenerate itself in time, but for it to be so enlarged as to be noticeable is worrisome. Rely now on liver enzyme tests, etc. to see how he is doing. Try not to stress him out with too many visits though too. Praying for a complete recovery, bless you for caring for him so well.....
I took him to the clinic I work at for another opinion and they xrayed and ultrasound and there is a lot of abdominal fluid I cant believe the other vet said there wasnt and spleen and liver are big I feel like I'm the one dying. He for some reason is acting better the last few days than he has in weeks. Hes not eating normally but he is actually eating with encouragement and supplements. I dont know what to do. He does have pancreatitis confirmed. He is on buprenex. 7.5mg prednisolone, cerenia all as of today. He is also on enrofloxacin as of tuesday this week. I feel like a complete failure. It kills me to see him walk with the belly of his

They did run a FIP test and said it was negative. They have no idea what's going on and they know his immune system is really scary since he had ITP got 2 years and is in remission now it's this shit. They think what's happening now is from inflammation but have no clue

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry......all you can do is love him as much as you can and pray for healing. Miracles do still happen you know.