iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
We are looking good:)
Went to the vet yesterday and she recommended royal canin gastro intestinal for Casper's diarrhea, and we are already getting results! No more diarrhea for Casper:)

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Just found this thread! They are adorable! So glad they found you! They look much improved from the beginning!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also i need some advice.
They all knew how to use the litter box from the first day, but Bubbles used both a corner in my room and the litter box. Of course Casper had to do as her brother, and use both the litter box and the corner.
Now bubbles only uses the litter box but casper still pees and poops all the time in that corner. I put a baby pad, but i still want her to only use the litter box, i don't think her future owners will enjoy having pee and poop in all corners of their house... What can i do to stop her?

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Also i need some advice.
They all knew how to use the litter box from the first day, but Bubbles used both a corner in my room and the litter box. Of course Casper had to do as her brother, and use both the litter box and the corner.
Now bubbles only uses the litter box but casper still pees and poops all the time in that corner. I put a baby pad, but i still want her to only use the litter box, i don't think her future owners will enjoy having pee and poop in all corners of their house... What can i do to stop her?
My kits were in their big dog cage unless they were supervised. You may need to use an enzyme cleaner then you can choose to put a litter box there or try blocking. If you catch the little mite in the act pick up gently put in litter box and pull her paws in a digging motion. You can't realistically put down a pee pad for her to use and then expect her to learn to use the litter box. I'm guessing you're using low entry pans for her. I used heavy duty foil pans.

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Try putting an actual litter box in that corner. Also, clean the corner with an enzyme cleaner to get rid of any odors.
I just moved the litter box in that corner and they all literally used it immediatly.
Why are they so obsessed with that corner?

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
image.jpeg
This is what i am using.
My kits were in their big dog cage unless they were supervised. You may need to use an enzyme cleaner then you can choose to put a litter box there or try blocking. If you catch the little mite in the act pick up gently put in litter box and pull her paws in a digging motion. You can't realistically put down a pee pad for her to use and then expect her to learn to use the litter box. I'm guessing you're using low entry pans for her. I used heavy duty foil pans.
I always put her in the litter box when i see her going to that spot she loves..and she has no problem using the litter. Now i moved the litter box in that corner and she immediatly went there, hope she won't use the corner where the litter box was before! I will probably end up transforming my room into a huge litter box! XD

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I just moved the litter box in that corner and they all literally used it immediatly.
Why are they so obsessed with that corner?
Must be the worst place in your whole home to have one. Cats are intuitive. LMAO. Maybe the other is too close to their food or bedding. or the corner feels safe.

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
image.jpeg
The thing is the corners are super close to each other, so there is not much of a difference between them, maybe that is actually the problem, the corners look so much alike she couldn't tell them apart, who knows what's in her little head!
Must be the worst place in your whole home to have one. Cats are intuitive. LMAO. Maybe the other is too close to their food or bedding. or the corner feels safe.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 181497This is what i am using.
I always put her in the litter box when i see her going to that spot she loves..and she has no problem using the litter. Now i moved the litter box in that corner and she immediatly went there, hope she won't use the corner where the litter box was before! I will probably end up transforming my room into a huge litter box! XD
Because cats naturally use a litter box sometimes humans forget they need to reinforce the idea. Putting the box in the corner takes care of the problem. And they are still just babies.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 181499The thing is the corners are super close to each other, so there is not much of a difference between them, maybe that is actually the problem, the corners look so much alike she couldn't tell them apart, who knows what's in her little head!
I am a big fan of the path of least resistance. If they like it in that corner that's the right corner. I just got rid of the litter box by the front door last month.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Who knows from cats and why they just flat like one thing rather than another? Just go with what works!