Abandoned Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know I have mentioned this before, and this will be the last time I will bore you with this but, it could very much behoove you to write a children's book on the "Tails of June Bug and Makena". Animate the pictures of the cats, and then just tell your story. You would not have to change much in their story to capture the younger audience. You live with the subjects of your story every day of your life. It would not take much to make their antics appeal to children. There would be the potential that you would be doing a great service to shelters that have cats that need to be adopted to good homes. You would be reaching out to some children who after reading your book (s) would want a cat to love and care for themselves. A potential win/win for you and shelters around the country. The same "would apply to "Basscat" and his bobcat, Gibbs, except I need to make it perfectly clear that I am NOT endorsing children to out and ask mommy and daddy to adopt a bobcat for their very own. LOL Food for thought, now I will leave well enough alone. Thanks for listening!
I have some children’s book ideas written down. And I have read the text, content and format guidelines of publishers. Have a friend who illustrates books, and we have talked casually a few times about collaborating. When time allows - I will write one!

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have some children’s book ideas written down. And I have read the text, content and format guidelines of publishers. Have a friend who illustrates books, and we have talked casually a few times about collaborating. When time allows - I will write one!
HURRAY! Glad to hear this, Can't wait. Now as promised, will sit tight.

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
June Bug has been with us four years this month.

She continues to be the same happy little cat who loves to play and cuddle. She loves paper and boxes and we often leave both about the living room for her. Her favorite toy of late is a fuzzy soft worm - they sell them as "squirmals"- and she loves to chase and jump after them.

She continues to go out with us in the evenings to sit and explore the courtyard. She is slowly getting better at not getting her lead tangled, and loud noises send her racing for a the back door. She begs to go out with us every evening.

Makena remains her very best friend. They often play, but as time has passed, they frequently simply sit together, apparently just enjoying each others company. Here they are investigating a cicada I brought in for them.

The past year has had me away working quite a bit. For many months I worked more than double the usual hours. On many days off I simply napped or rested in my easy chair - June Bug, plainly upset by my absence, kept close by whenever I was home. Thankfully things have mostly returned to normal.

I was going to take a nap with my wife one afternoon, but June Bug, Makena and Lilia took up all the room. They were not happy when I moved them off. But as Deb and I fell asleep, the cat lly sneaked back onto the bed... and we awoke quite crowded.

June Bug frequently naps with her toys. She carries them all about the house, and will sometimes place few together and nap with them.

She is a joy to have about. I am still amazed at the events that brought her to us. I think she knows how lucky she is, I see it in her eyes sometimes when she looks at me....

We love our little girl

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy that all is well. Junebug has turned into the most attractive young lady ! Thank you for the update...

p.s. did you have piles of cicadas ? I found one on our easy chair and thought it was a cockroach 😳 two cats snoring away close by....

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy that all is well. Junebug has turned into the most attractive young lady ! Thank you for the update...

p.s. did you have piles of cicadas ? I found one on our easy chair and thought it was a cockroach 😳 two cats snoring away close by....
We had so many, that at times, it hurt my ears to be out in the woods. Thankfully they are not so bad now. Makena tried to eat them a few times, but would spit them out (he loves grasshoppers and will eat his fill of them.)

Glad those bugs are on the decline!

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She continues to be the same happy little cat who loves to play and cuddle. She loves paper and boxes and we often leave both about the living room for her. Her favorite toy of late is a fuzzy soft worm - they sell them as "squirmals"- and she loves to chase and jump after them.

She continues to go out with us in the evenings to sit and explore the courtyard. She is slowly getting better at not getting her lead tangled, and loud noises send her racing for a the back door. She begs to go out with us every evening.

Makena remains her very best friend. They often play, but as time has passed, they frequently simply sit together, apparently just enjoying each others company. Here they are investigating a cicada I brought in for them.

The past year has had me away working quite a bit. For many months I worked more than double the usual hours. On many days off I simply napped or rested in my easy chair - June Bug, plainly upset by my absence, kept close by whenever I was home. Thankfully things have mostly returned to normal.

I was going to take a nap with my wife one afternoon, but June Bug, Makena and Lilia took up all the room. They were not happy when I moved them off. But as Deb and I fell asleep, the cat lly sneaked back onto the bed... and we awoke quite crowded.

June Bug frequently naps with her toys. She carries them all about the house, and will sometimes place few together and nap with them.

She is a joy to have about. I am still amazed at the events that brought her to us. I think she knows how lucky she is, I see it in her eyes sometimes when she looks at me....

We love our little girl

We love our little girl

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry meant to type first ! Thank you for the update . Your updates special to me I got Gracie a few months before you found June bug and they are the same age !! It’s mad how they grow ..