Abandoned Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
....................She is looking great, but I miss her little kitten face... .
June Bug was a very cute little kitten! Deb and I have been careful to treasure each moment as she grows. The stumbling helpless kitten is gone, replaced a little bit each day with increasing balance, speed, intelligence, confidence, size, strength and grace. I wouldn't trade a second of the trip......but I took a LOT of pics along the way to remember

bengalcatman bengalcatman how is little miss Junebug ? :catrub:
:yeah: And the other two too
June Bug is a happy little cat. Her toys are strewn all through the house. We make some time each day to play with her (she LOVES to chase her string toy.) She found the cat perch I made for the Bengals and got up the courage to start using it...

I got a box for her to play in...

She and Makena play together in it quite often

June bug loves to nap with us. She likes to be cuddled. Seems like the tighter the fit, the happier she is...

June Bug is making some progress with Lilia - they played pawsies through a half closed door the other day. Lilia is less afraid of June Bug now, but for the most part still avoids her.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
June Bug was a very cute little kitten! Deb and I have been careful to treasure each moment as she grows. The stumbling helpless kitten is gone, replaced a little bit each day with increasing balance, speed, intelligence, confidence, size, strength and grace. I wouldn't trade a second of the trip......but I took a LOT of pics along the way to remember

June Bug is a happy little cat. Her toys are strewn all through the house. We make some time each day to play with her (she LOVES to chase her string toy.) She found the cat perch I made for the Bengals and got up the courage to start using it...

I got a box for her to play in...

She and Makena play together in it quite often

June bug loves to nap with us. She likes to be cuddled. Seems like the tighter the fit, the happier she is...

June Bug is making some progress with Lilia - they played pawsies through a half closed door the other day. Lilia is less afraid of June Bug now, but for the most part still avoids her.
:clap::clap2:

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a great story this is. Makena is such a good big brother. He must have sensed that she really needs him to guide her from kitten to cathood. I'm so glad that Lilia is getting used to June Bug being there. I hope they can become good friends. What a gorgeous and fortunate cat family you have! :loveeyes: :clap:
I often ponder why Makena has taken such an interest in June Bug.

When we got Lilia we were afraid Makena would harm her: he is a strong, large and very wild cat. But he really only ever wanted to play and cuddle with her. They are friends and will sleep on couch or bed together - but Lilia won't cuddle with Makena. They play together, but only occasionally and play is limited mostly to taking turns chasing each other.

Seeing Makena with June Bug, I am sad to realize that Makena wanted another cat to cuddle and play with all along. Lilia is just too scarred from her former life.

LOVE!
Watching the relationship grow between June Bug and Makena is heartwarming.

June Bug and Makena spend several hours each afternoon on the couch, cuddling and cleaning each other...

I don't know what causes a fully grown male hybrid to act like a mother toward a kitten. I have known Makena as a consummate hunter/explorer and as a rather short tempered cat, this side of him is amazing to see. June Bug is delighted to have her very own big cat to play with and love.

Of note, Makena walks with a certain "swagger." People often comment that he "doesn't walk like a normal cat." June Bug is starting to walk the same way. It is hilarious to see them walking together.

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
June Bug on a fall walk

Beautiful fall day for a walk in the woods. We took June Bug and Makena out to enjoy the day

June Bug has not been out enough lately to be fully comfortable with her leash and harness. Seems like if we go for more than two weeks without getting her out, she is uncomfortable on a leash for the first part of the walk.

Makena gets out every day because he requires it. We don't want June Bug begging to go out - we just want her to be able to join us from time to time. Its a fine line to negotiate. Too little time outside and June Bug will be uncomfortable/scared. Too much and she will expect to go out all the time

She loves her time outside - so much to see! She is watching a woodpecker here

So much to sniff too...

June Bug is a teenager now. Always sweet and loving, still full of mischief and play.

June Bug acts very different when she is out and Makena is along. She is more confident and outgoing. When she was a kitten she always looked to us when we were outside - keeping careful note of where we were. Now she looks to Makena, never getting too far from him, and always looking to see where he is at.

For his part, Makena is content to just watch her. When they are out together he is not interested in hunting and exploring, he just wants to wander a bit and watch June Bug.

Walking two cats on leads, in the woods, can be a bit of a trick. Fortunately Makena is obedient and knows how to avoid getting his line tangled. June Bug has a long way to go in learning to walk - we have to untangle her line all the time and encourage her to avoid going where tangles could happen. When Makena's line hangs up on a small branch or a bunch of weeds, he just pulls hard to free it. June Bug lacks the boldness and strength to yank her line free, when it tangles on even a small bit of brush, she stops and gets frustrated.

I love June Bug's big gold eyes and how intense her stare is

This image makes me smile...

June Bug saw Makena climb a tree, about a minute later, she had to try

A big hawk was gliding overhead - that caught her attention!

We were out for an hour and a half. I carried June Bug back home on my shoulder and she went fast asleep on couch when she got home. Makena stayed out with us on the patio as we grilled some dinner. The days are getting cooler and we may not get such a nice warm day again for a few months.

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Such a big girl now ! I love the last photo of Junebug, and Makena is looking handsome as always.
:catrub: :bluepaw: :catrub::bluepaw: :catrub: :bluepaw: :catrub:

Someone decided I needed my own little face to stare at and play with..we have a really long driveway. No idea where she dropped in from

Meet Roxie !

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Makena is like June bugs fur daddy ! I love the first photo where he is watching her - he looks proud if a cat can look that way !!! I love these updates thank you x

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Meet Roxie !
What a cutie! Can't believe someone didn't want her.

I guess June Bug is not alone in chewing around the opening in her box. When she was that size her play box was chewed up the same way. Too funny.

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Makena is like June bugs fur daddy ! I love the first photo where he is watching her - he looks proud if a cat can look that way !!! I love these updates thank you x
As I said earlier - I am amazed at how he watches over her, cleans her and comes running if there is a hint of distress in her meow. June Bug can jump on him while he is sleeping and he simply wakes up and plays with her. Even when she pesters him non-stop, he is always patient with her (although he did smack her a few times for biting his tail, but she learned!) If anyone else (human or animal) annoys him, he can get very nasty in short order - but June Bug can bug him all day and he never gets angry.

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
June Bug is at the vet getting neutered. Dropped her off Monday night, surgery yesterday (went fine,) pick her up when the vet calls today.

I feel bad for June Bug, I am sure she is scared and wondering whats happening. She is such a happy little cat, and she has only known our home with Makena and Lilia, being at the vet and around other cats must be terribly confusing.

Makena is moping around this morning, but I think he is glad to have had two nights of undisturbed sleep. Makena is intelligent enough to sense that June Bug's absence is temporary: his kitten will return. Lilia is likely relieved not to have been taunted for the past two days.

The house feels empty. No happy little "coo" when I come in a room. No constant patter of little paws as she plays with her toys. No "surprise" attacks when walking through the house.

Working in my shop this morning, I took a moment to make her up a new toy with an olive wood bead (she loves olive wood.) Though I suspect she won't want to play right away, I am sure she will need a day to rest after her ordeal.

We miss her.

Seems odd that such a tiny thing could have such a large presence.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
June Bug is at the vet getting neutered. Dropped her off Monday night, surgery yesterday (went fine,) pick her up when the vet calls today.

I feel bad for June Bug, I am sure she is scared and wondering whats happening. She is such a happy little cat, and she has only known our home with Makena and Lilia, being at the vet and around other cats must be terribly confusing.

Makena is moping around this morning, but I think he is glad to have had two nights of undisturbed sleep. Makena is intelligent enough to sense that June Bug's absence is temporary: his kitten will return. Lilia is likely relieved not to have been taunted for the past two days.

The house feels empty. No happy little "coo" when I come in a room. No constant patter of little paws as she plays with her toys. No "surprise" attacks when walking through the house.

Working in my shop this morning, I took a moment to make her up a new toy with an olive wood bead (she loves olive wood.) Though I suspect she won't want to play right away, I am sure she will need a day to rest after her ordeal.

We miss her.

Seems odd that such a tiny thing could have such a large presence.
:hellocomputer:Thanks for the update. Beautiful toy you created. :bliss:Post us a pic when she gets home.:camera: