Abandoned Cats Taken In One Appears Imminently About To Have Kittens - All Advice Greatly Appreciate

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And you're right there with her like the dearest friend should be. Our cat had her kittens in front of us. One only survived because she didn't notice she had it and we pointed it out.

Good Tigs, good kittens, good Spinkydinkydoo, bad vet.

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Omg look at all of them, too freaking adorable! I'd love to hear the birthing story when you have time! Seems like Tigs did great! You'll have to police to make sure everyone gets turns at the milk bar!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SpinkyDinkyDoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Think she is all done at 7! 7!
She’s laid down relaxing....
should I help those that aren’t on a nipple find one? Will they do it themselves? A few are feeding - the others just seems to be snuggling ....
Sorry I haven’t read any of your replies yet...
x x x x x x x

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, help the ones that can't find a nipple to latch on. Watch for the smallest ones and make sure they get some time at the nipples near mom's hind legs because those are the ones that have the most milk.

Seven kits! No wonder she was so big! Congratulations to all of you!

SpinkyDinkyDoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have weighed them all and they are between 94 - 107 grams....

All but one appear feisty and have been wrestling and piling on top of each other to get to the milk bar. I have just managed to get the little weak one to latch and he stayed on for a good half an hour.

I’ve set my alarm for a couple of hours of hours time to check on Tigs and Her Tribe of babies....

Tigs hasn’t been out of the Birthing box yet... She ate all of the placentas - and she has had two packets of kitten food mashed up with water and a few biscuits that I held for her to eat whilst she nursed her squad...

She has done two gigantic super loud farts that scared the bejaysus out of her and us - let’s just say she knows how to empty a room, lol... bless her... It did make us all really laugh though after the tense business of giving birth.... (Sorry if that’s too much information)

I’ll reply to messages tomorrow and write down her birth story. Thanks so much to all of you for your endless support, thoughts and prayers...

Can’t quite believe we now have nine kitties living at lilac Cottage....

Am sure I’ll drive you all bonkers with endless questions and worries tomorrow - sleep tight everyone - I’m so happy I found you all and so is Tigs and her babies.... x x x

SpinkyDinkyDoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a quick on before school run.... and ideas how to tell them apart? I’d read putt My food colour My on their paw pads is okay but they mostly have dark pads and a lot look very similar.... we did photos on the scales last night but I think we need an easier and quicker way to identify them to ensure all are getting fed and weighed correctly? X x x x