Abandoned Cats Taken In One Appears Imminently About To Have Kittens - All Advice Greatly Appreciate

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SpinkyDinkyDoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello Everyone.... feel quite honoured to have a new stalker too... lol...

I forgot to tell you all about boy cats shenanigans on my husbands birthday....

we baked him his favourite cake (chocolate ganache)
The kids arranged the candles in it and left it out in the kitchen for about ten minutes whilst we were preparing other bits and bobs...

I walked through to find boy cat on the kitchen table scoffing as much of said chocolate cake like he was in some kind of Man Vs Food eating competition! He’d eaten sooooo much. He was completely on a sugar high about an hour little like an angry little toddler, swiping everyone when they walked passed, jumping out from behind stuff and scaring the bejaysus out of us... :flail:

None of us could eat it as he has had worms and the vet suggested to give him another tablet this week to make sure he is clear..... he also keeps leaving gippy fur balls on my cushions every so often.... Bleurgh.... poo I can do... sicky stuff and that’s it I start being sick, lol...So we’ve been putting furball paste in his food for the past week..... hopefully this will help, he’s a really fluffy kitty....

Needless to say boy cat enjoyed my hubbys birthday - the cheeky little chocolate chops...

He also had half a plate of spaghetti Bolognase last week that was my husband’s dinner....along with some tuna and mayonnaise the kids had left out on another day oh and we have had to start putting the butter in the cupboard as he was eating that too.... We are feeding him enough, honest... :)

Are you all ready for photo overload.... ??? There are some funny ones and some really cute ones..... and then some of Tigs tum- opinions welcome....

Are you all from The States? I live in a tiny little village in Nottinghamshire - UK ... x

SpinkyDinkyDoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Boy Cat - Poppy (we thought he was a she and the kids refuse to change his name, lol) He’s had a bit of a poorly eye but it’s almost cleared up since he had the wormer...
8729618E-133E-4030-8AA0-DA61DDF6EDEF.jpeg

D004D2EF-C164-412A-8057-B42B5B376432.jpeg
EEA2F89A-23BD-4474-BF64-14F3B1E65079.jpeg
FE84BA5B-5957-4C65-97F9-0190F9B913F0.jpeg

Wrestle!!! (Should I let them do this?)
FDF90542-5C36-4B19-8AC6-6ECA773E630B.jpeg
42071B01-972A-4135-AE2D-B00B2217DE12.jpeg

Pre wrestle kiss...
603FDB86-0D6F-4EFC-80F5-80C1A040764F.jpeg

Tigs says “Hi TCS’ers” x
EF24E2FC-2AE3-466D-8374-90C299CC0A31.jpeg

Look at that tummy... any bets on how many are in there? Do you think she might be close? X
FD2580DC-EE69-4C8F-8E10-E1A0CFCBB774.jpeg

Hey Pops, look at me!
C23A3AFC-77C2-42F7-B995-5CC66B054130.jpeg

Enough of the photos already!
C403162F-D2DC-4D81-8780-862745104B32.jpeg

Love this one... looks sooooo cute... x
D4A2E018-B84D-4B0C-9669-F22CBC567A4C.jpeg

Pops photo bombing Tigs pic...
CDD329C5-8ECD-4641-A8F7-00FC3701398E.jpeg

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
I looked just like her after I ate my Thanksgiving plate the other day. :rolleyes2:
Yeah let them wrestle, she will let him know when she doesn't want anymore of that.
Poppy is a fine name for a boy, just make sure he doesn't pee on your couch. (Seinfeld reference)

Lots of spots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi spinky! I don't know if you saw but the last post in my thread was actually asking how you were doing. :-)

That picture of your baby is cut too cute! That is one awesome belly on her!

Thank you for your thoughts. The kittens are doing good and gaining good weight. I think I one even started purring! I put my security camera in the nesting box so I could watch them at work. As you can imagine my team did not get much done today .LOL. Team bonding over watching my phone!
I put a picture from the cam below. Also, I had so much trouble weighing them with all the wiggling until I finally figured out I should make them into a purrito before puttt them on the scale. :-)

Attachments

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Boy Cat - Poppy (we thought he was a she and the kids refuse to change his name, lol) He’s had a bit of a poorly eye but it’s almost cleared up since he had the wormer...
View attachment 263673
View attachment 263674 View attachment 263675 View attachment 263676
Wrestle!!! (Should I let them do this?)
View attachment 263677 View attachment 263678
Pre wrestle kiss...
View attachment 263680
Tigs says “Hi TCS’ers” x
View attachment 263682
Look at that tummy... any bets on how many are in there? Do you think she might be close? X
View attachment 263683
Hey Pops, look at me!
View attachment 263684
Enough of the photos already!
View attachment 263685
Love this one... looks sooooo cute... x
View attachment 263686
Pops photo bombing Tigs pic...
View attachment 263687
I am going to guess that there are 5 in there!

SpinkyDinkyDoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I looked just like her after I ate my Thanksgiving plate the other day. :rolleyes2:
Yeah let them wrestle, she will let him know when she doesn't want anymore of that.
Poppy is a fine name for a boy, just make sure he doesn't pee on your couch. (Seinfeld reference)
Too funny....That literally made me laugh out loud.... Love your profile pic too.. xxx

SpinkyDinkyDoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi spinky! I don't know if you saw but the last post in my thread was actually asking how you were doing. :-)

That picture of your baby is cut too cute! That is one awesome belly on her!

Thank you for your thoughts. The kittens are doing good and gaining good weight. I think I one even started purring! I put my security camera in the nesting box so I could watch them at work. As you can imagine my team did not get much done today .LOL. Team bonding over watching my phone!
I put a picture from the cam below. Also, I had so much trouble weighing them with all the wiggling until I finally figured out I should make them into a purrito before puttt them on the scale. :-)
Aaaaw lots of of spots they are absolutely adorable.... sooooo cute... kitten cam lol, what a clever idea, no wonder nobody is getting any work done, I bet you must be checking it constantly...
I’m so happy they are gaining weight....
I did see your last post but for some reason couldn’t reply to it....
Tigs is still keeping hold of her kits... everyday I say “she can’t get much bigger!” And then she does.....
How is Mia doing? Has she settled down now?
Love the little burrito babies.... My children were fighting over my phone to keep looking at them...
So happy to hear everything is going well, I’ve been thinking about you all and hoping everything is okay.... Can’t wait to see more pics... x x x

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Too funny....That literally made me laugh out loud.... Love your profile pic too.. xxx
Thanks, that's my gal Tallulah shortly after I adopted her in 2015. She made me that perfect catbeard and I just happened to be taking a pic!
She's a great girl, very obsessed with food but thankfully not actually overweight. Here she is mean-mugging me wanting my plate of food a couple weeks ago. (Oh and my boy Alasdair in the back also wanted a bite)
IMG_20181118_172634_887.jpg

Lots of spots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aaaaw lots of of spots they are absolutely adorable.... sooooo cute... kitten cam lol, what a clever idea, no wonder nobody is getting any work done, I bet you must be checking it constantly...
I’m so happy they are gaining weight....
I did see your last post but for some reason couldn’t reply to it....
Tigs is still keeping hold of her kits... everyday I say “she can’t get much bigger!” And then she does.....
How is Mia doing? Has she settled down now?
Love the little burrito babies.... My children were fighting over my phone to keep looking at them...
So happy to hear everything is going well, I’ve been thinking about you all and hoping everything is okay.... Can’t wait to see more pics... x x x
Wow, Tigs has got to burst soon! She is getting so big! This days are Soo tough just waiting and wonder if the kittens are coming. I am guessing she will have 6 ..or 60! :-)

Mia is doing good and really settled down. She is spending a lot if time sleeping with the kittens. She actually started pulling them towards her face for face rubs and falls asleep hugging on to them and they hug onto her paws. So cute! Both have gained 15g or more the past few days and they are growing so fast. It's amazing.

Attachments

SpinkyDinkyDoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, Tigs has got to burst soon! She is getting so big! This days are Soo tough just waiting and wonder if the kittens are coming. I am guessing she will have 6 ..or 60! :-)

Mia is doing good and really settled down. She is spending a lot if time sleeping with the kittens. She actually started pulling them towards her face for face rubs and falls asleep hugging on to them and they hug onto her paws. So cute! Both have gained 15g or more the past few days and they are growing so fast. It's amazing.
Aaaw they are gorgeous lots of spots.... so happy Mia has settled down - What do the kits look like now? Tigs still hasn’t had hers - she looks like a rugby ball! Poor little peach. x

SpinkyDinkyDoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks, that's my gal Tallulah shortly after I adopted her in 2015. She made me that perfect catbeard and I just happened to be taking a pic!
She's a great girl, very obsessed with food but thankfully not actually overweight. Here she is mean-mugging me wanting my plate of food a couple weeks ago. (Oh and my boy Alasdair in the back also wanted a bite)
View attachment 263791
That is such a funny pic.. “mean mugging” lol. Have totally stolen that saying and applied it my cats... Great names too. We are going to keep a girl kitten and I might have to steal Tallulah’s name if that’s okay... x

SpinkyDinkyDoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey! How is Tigs doing? Any babies yet? She is a beautiful momma! Looks to be due any day now! How long have you been feeling the babies move?
Hi Ashade,

No babies yet - I think I first posted on here two weeks ago today and there was a lot of movement then, I am fairly certain we’ve been seeing movement for easily three weeks... am starting to get quite anxious for her as she is huge and not a big kitty either.
she’s still eating loads, drinking plenty and seems happy enough.... x x x

SpinkyDinkyDoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think I need some advice - Tigs is huge. Think rugby ball. As you can see from my previous pics she’s not a big cat and we think fairly young.
I can still see lots of movement. I’ve noticed her not tucking her tail underneath her as she normally does for about the past week. She kind of looks bigger round her back end... past her hips if that makes sense. Is that normal?
She has also developed the delightful habit of going to the litter tray then wiping her but across the floor! Although this looks hilarious I’m fairly sure she’s doing it because she can’t reach to clean her kit bits. I got some organic fragrance free baby wipes and keep cleaning her to make sure she doesn’t get sore. Do you think that’s okay?
I am fairly sure we have been seeing movement for easily three weeks.... do you think I should take her to the vets? On the other hand I’m worried about how this will affect her....
She is also scratching around where her food bowls are - like she does when she’s finished her business in the litter tray. Not sure why she’s doing this? Again this has only been the past week.
She is still eating and drinking loads - seems happy and looks healthy as far as I can tell...
Am I worrying unnecessarily? x x x

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I get how changes make you nervous, plus you've got a pregnant lady in the house who can't talk! Lol...if you are worried, I don't see any harm in paying the exam fee to have her looked at and get some peace of mind. And I wouldn't worry too much about traumatizing her; she may not love it but she will be fine in my opinion. I don't think you're overreacting, I would want to know that everything is ok too!!

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
That is such a funny pic.. “mean mugging” lol. Have totally stolen that saying and applied it my cats... Great names too. We are going to keep a girl kitten and I might have to steal Tallulah’s name if that’s okay... x
I'm pretty sure that American Tallulah would be honored (I mean honoured) to have a namesake across the big drink named Tallulah whose meow has a British accent!!! :clap:

I asked her opinion, and showed her some British memorabilia to illustrate my point.. She responded by giving Hyacinth head bonks. :hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob:

20181201_084346.jpg

Last edited:

SpinkyDinkyDoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tigs has been unsettled all night.... meowzing and pacing....
She has done a bit of open mouthed panting this morning.
she’s pulled a load of books out from under the tv unit...
She’s being super vocal and is wanting to be on my daughter - Evie all the time...
Her nipples are puffed up around the actual nipples - Is that her milk come in???
Her belly has definitely dropped as there is a more defined space between her spine and bump...If that makes sense...
Do you think the babies are coming???

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Tigs has been unsettled all night.... meowzing and pacing....
She has done a bit of open mouthed panting this morning.
she’s pulled a load of books out from under the tv unit...
She’s being super vocal and is wanting to be on my daughter - Evie all the time...
Her nipples are puffed up around the actual nipples - Is that her milk come in???
Her belly has definitely dropped as there is a more defined space between her spine and bump...If that makes sense...
Do you think the babies are coming???
Yup! Pretty soon.