Abandoned Cat Needs Emergency Caesarean!

itahere

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Abandoned neighbourhood Cat is heavily pregnant and bleeding.

We have started a Gofundme page for the operation, but timing is critical and my friend suggested we post the link to this forum.

Click here to support Abandoned Kitty needs an emergency caesarean organised by Irene Isabella Tahere

18 months ago, our neighbours moved house and left their beautiful female kitty behind. She became pregnant soon after and had a litter of kittens, with no complications. We took in the kittens and adopted them out to good homes, and tried to care for the mum, but she didn't want to be around her kittens and soon took to the streets again.
We kept leaving food and water out, and she would visit, but we kept one of her kittens, and she would always hiss at the baby and disappear again.

Fast forward to now, she has shown up acting alot more affectionate (until she sees our kitty/her baby) and she has a bulging tummy. However, she is also bleeding quite alot.

We have called the vet, and they have said she is likely miscarrying. Because of the consistent bleeding, they have said to bring her in for an emergency Caesarean. The price that we have been quoted is $2100. We can raise funds up to $900, but that is our limit. And that quoted price doesn't allow for any other possible complications.....

We are asking for help to raise the shortfall in funds, as soon as possible. She needs this operation, or I can't even think what would happen. Please contribute, any amount, so that we can get this Cat help asap!

It is our hope that as part of this operation she will be spayed, so that she won't have any more litters. Once she is desexed, we hope that she will be more tolerant to our kitty, and then we will happily adopt her and keep her safe.

But her situation now is urgent!!!!

Please help her!!

Click here to support Abandoned Kitty needs an emergency caesarean organised by Irene Isabella Tahere

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:( Oh no!! That poor kitty! Please contact all the.local rescue groups and see if they will help! I know that GoFundMe can take days to transfer the funds and in the meantime that poor cat is very high risk!! You can also call the veterinarian's office and ask if they accept remote payments (credit card/Paypal) because people often feel safer giving the money directly to the vet and that will lower the goal amount needed through GoFundMe. This is truly an emergency!!:help: I will be praying that the poor cat gets the help that she needs urgently :vibes::vibes::vibes:
PLEASE keep us updated!

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'd suggest GoGetFunding instead of GoFundMe since they can transfer it directly to your Paypal, or Stripe. But they also require you to get at least $100 before it will even show up in the search.

I'd honestly help if I could. I do hope the poor kitty gets the help she and her babies need.:frown::bawling: :goodluck: