Abandoned Cat And A Kitten - Advice?

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If one disappears is she suddenly going to be able to take the other one into the house? BTW I've never understood why she couldn't have cats in the B&B, Tia on Pitbulls & Parolees places a golden retriever in a B&B. It was in New Orleans but fizzlebutt.

I feel like you been had. Once you been had all rules are off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The hold up was that I was trying to be a helpful neighbor, and letting her take charge. I thought she knew what she was doing, and I was on the sideline, so to speak. But, if her being in charge means those cats have babies, I will hate her for the rest of my life - because I am caught in the middle and she will still look to me for help.

I need to look into TNR, only once recuperation has occurred to release the young cat to me and let my neighbor have at least one of them somewhat taken care of.

Excuse me, I have got to settle down some and think more clearly...

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I feel like you been had. Once you been had all rules are off.
Had, exactly how? She deviously plotted a plan to elicit my help...to do what?? No, she is just misguided. And, right now from my perspective, delusional. 'Fluffy clouds and happy endings' - yeah right.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're not believing in what's not possible, she's just getting in your way with her rose glasses and fluffy clouds. Your plan was good, it is good.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah, well my plan now entails somehow getting my neighbor to cooperate at letting me pick the young cat up and looking at her belly to see if spayed. If so, one down - one to go... If she has no scars I can see, I guess the next time I see her in my yard, off she goes to get spayed, vaccinated, and treated. If I can get her back after that, all the better. If I can or cannot, so be it, either way one down, one to go. I hate life sometimes...this is ridiculous, but it is what it is.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't worry as time goes on you'll find much darker places to be. As the saying goes, keep your eye on the prize, it's the only way to keep your head above water and your fists uncurled.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I was thinking shouldn't someone other than your neighbor be able to pick up kit in case something bad happens when your neighbor isn't there and she needs to get to a vet fast? Suggested examples: she's hit by a car and drags herelf into the yard, if she fights you she could damage herself further. She's attacked by a pack of dogs, or children...

You get the picture. Why,yes, I live in a dark place.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dark places...everywhere, everywhere... No, I pick up the young cat without issue. Just still trying to be 'transparent' with her by telling her what I am doing - without telling her what my motives might be if there is no scar. Yes, dark places indeed.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, don't make neighbor lady unhappy with an avalanche of information.

I'm sure Baby will be happy again when she's safe and reunited with Young cat at the other neighbor lady's place.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Had a good stiff drink (sorry to those who are against alcohol). I am going with one down, one to go. But, I still have to be honest with my neighbor with what is happening/has happened - if I can get mama cat back that is. Neighbor may hate me, but I am more worried about the cats at this point, I guess.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking where is the neighbor moving? If she closes, the B&B how is she going to live? If she owns the b&B why couldn't she have cats in it? Anyway, if she is moving somewhere she could have cats and if she 'lets' you get them spayed and their vaccinations could she become a good cat mom?

I know she was sort of vague about them getting pregnant, but I've met people who were the same about humans getting pregnant and they figured it out. In short do you think she might actually listen instead of humoring you?

Cat won't give me my chair so I won't be on much longer tonight.

Nothing wrong with a drink, it's when they turn into a train that they are a problem.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One warning, be careful separating Baby and Young Cat. I know you're going to snarl, but you need to be aware that this is possible.

One of my cats had to go to the hospital. She wouldn't eat for them. I went in, she wouldn't eat for me. I brought the dog, her dog in, then and only then would she eat.

Another that we rescued when her owners graduated from college and left her, ate less and less as time went on until she wouldn't eat at all. I and the other cats did everything we could to get her to eat. We couldn't get her owner back for her. She didn't make it.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Will talk today with the no-kill shelter woman about TNR (this time R = return), and see what she can tell me about the possibilities. But, frankly K Kflowers last posts have kind of freaked me out about separating the two cats. So, having weighed everything overnight, still on the fence about what I will do.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I guess I am done.

I apparently didn't do anything right by these two cats, have gotten at least one neighbor to ream me out for it - and now after trying to keep a relationship with my next door neighbor (where the cats are hanging out), I am abandoning it as well. I am pretty sure the older of the two young cats is pregnant, just by the size change in her recently. I can't even lay eyes on the other one, so who knows there.

I even have made myself beholden to yet another neighbor who loaned me a cat crate with the intention of trapping these two cats. To which, the next door neighbor accepted the crate, but would NOT put on the door - which would have been her only hope of trapping them.

Since I gave my next door neighbor the crate, and expressed my concern about the one cat being pregnant, she has pretty much avoided me. Every night, I dream (or rather have nightmares) about these cats and what is to come. I will eventually have to get the crate back (to avoid alienating another neighbor in the process), and then I have to let this go.

No one can really give me advice, I realize that. I am just venting. Thinking I wanted to help a couple of cats and it has come to this. Making people cuss at me, causing others to avoid me, and in the end not helping one bit. I am even avoiding offering any help to others on this site, because it just reminds me of the failure this whole endeavor has been.

Last edited by a moderator: