AAARRRGGGHHHH...Stop thief...

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AAARRRGGHHH......I just got up to let KittenKiya into my bedroom, and ChanKahli stole my oatmeal.

Give me a break!!! I can understand ham, cheese, spaghetti sauce, french fries, bread, but oatmeal??????

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats are big fans of oatmeal
Soon as they hear the bowl being put down they line up for a lick.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is oatmeal good for them? Gizmo seems very interested in my breakfast. I dont know if I want to give her a taste, she can be very aggressive when she wants people food!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know. I would think that it is OK. However, this is cat that also stole my chipolte sauce for my french fries.

What a suprise she got!!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
sometimes cats are the garbage disposals of the animal world, worse than dogs!! My sister's cat loves BBQ chips, the hotter the better!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What? It wasn't Tammy stealing the oatmeal? Maybe Chankahli wants to lower her cholesterol.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Easy always tries to steal some oatmeal. I havent ever let her have more than a tiny taste because I didnt know if it was ok or not.

Originally Posted by gemlady

What? It wasn't Tammy stealing the oatmeal? Maybe Chankahli wants to lower her cholesterol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you believe that??? It was NOT Tammy-Timmy. It was ChanKahli!!!! She is starting to investigate people food.

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Only oatmeal theif? my Georgina (aka ziza) steals cigarettes, biros, gold everything in site. Do you know how much sigarettes filters I fing buried under the carpet? No matter where I put the ashtray with forgotten cigs, she steals them just for the pleasure to do it, so oatmeal there you go

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I once foolishly tossed a pack of instant oatmeal into my bag before I left for work one morning. I walk away for no more than five minutes and come back to find Duke on the couch in a pile of uncooked oatmeal with his mouth stuffed and munching away! I picked him up and put him down so I could clean up and he kept jumping back up on the couch to get at the oatmeal. I had to lock him in the bedroom with my unsuspecting husband who ended up getting a strangely 'meezer' sounding alarm to wake him up.

I forgot to tell him about the oatmeal (too busy explaining to him that there was no fire in the house) and later he called me at work to find out why Duke smelled like maple syrup!

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is hilarious about the maple syrup.

Contrary to all the cat books I've seen, cats (at least Gizmo the cat) like sweets.

eudevie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by gizmocat

Contrary to all the cat books I've seen, cats (at least Gizmo the cat) like sweets.
My cat Dash likes sweets as well. He likes to lick up any extra jelly that falls off my toast and the CARAMEL on the bottom of the ice-cream bowl! Maybe he eats them because of the carbs? Dash is a very hyper kitty. He would burn it off. ^^

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our lab loves oatmeal. What did you put on top?

BTW speaking of funny things they eat/drink.....I was sitting on the chair watching tv with a cup of tea on the table. Well all of a sudden I hear this little "sneeze" and turned to see Charlie licking his nose - he stuck his face in the tea - and it was still hot! I told him "Charlieeeeee you'll burn your little kitty tongue" - but he was fine - just found out he likes hot tea
(it was vanilla caramel).

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Our lab loves oatmeal. What did you put on top?

BTW speaking of funny things they eat/drink.....I was sitting on the chair watching tv with a cup of tea on the table. Well all of a sudden I hear this little "sneeze" and turned to see Charlie licking his nose - he stuck his face in the tea - and it was still hot! I told him "Charlieeeeee you'll burn your little kitty tongue" - but he was fine - just found out he likes hot tea
(it was vanilla caramel).
I drink my coffee with splenda and cream, I learned a long time ago, if I leave a cup sitting, a few of mine will have their paws in it, licking it off their paws. So when I drink coffee, it has to stay in my hand at all times.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speaking of things cats aren't supposed to like.
I've heard and read the cats don't like the smell or taste of citrus.

Well Gracie doesn't fit that mold, I had to actually stop using orange scented furniture polish because everytime I'd dust Gracie would be right behind me licking the furniture

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My Margaret used to steal any food in a baggie. She sometimes would route out my sandwiches that I put in my purse or tote bag in the foyer, before I left for work. She'd chew the sandwich through the bag.

Hey, at least yours doesn't steal jewelry! Little Miss is a jewel thief par excellence. She stole a lovely pearl necklace and ring my husband bought me--he caught her in the act--but then I noticed the matching bracelet was missing. It took a month to find it--behind a piece of furniture I had to move in order to put the Christmas tree up! I made up a "wanted poster" for her, and have it on the wall by my desk at work. She looks like she's smirking in the photo (it was taken before her burglary career started). It lists her aliases, weight, etc. For such a tiny cat, she sure steals big stuff!

MargeCat

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
We have a family friend who has a polydactyl cat, PB (stands for "Polydactyl B*stard"!). PB loves to hide on a chair at the breakfast table, and reaches up to swipe the food off your plate.

I used to think PB stood for Peanut butter, but I then found out the real meaning!

MargeCat