A Wonderful End to a Tragic Story

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to share some wonderful news! We had a couple of cats show up at our new acreage last fall, they both turned out to be female and pregnant this spring. I was hoping they were boys.....they are very feral and run at the sight of you. One of the ferals was found dead in the cornfield next to our house, her head had trauma.We buried her and the next day I saw two tiny kittens in the woodpile out back, she had had her kittens! We caught one right away, searched and searched, dismantled the woodpile, everything and could not find the other kitten. They were tiny, longhaired, only 4 weeks at the most. 3 days had passed since we saw the other kitten, I was sick, it had rained hard and there were coyote tracks, I gave up, sick. My husband wouldn't give up, he sat out there and watched for hours. I even heard him meowing! Today he came to the door clutching the kitten! I can't believe it they are both safe, and already have a home, being well cared for. God does answer prayers, and a big thank you to my husband who wouldn't give up! PS other mama and her brood of three are going to be fixed as soon as possible!

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good work! Cats and their will to survive and the dedication of those reaching out, continually amaze me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, for that little 4 week old baby to survive 3 days on his own is a miracle! And there I laughed at my husband for meowing. He said that is what brought him out, meowing back! My 'cat whisperer'!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After finding mama, my heart was broken. I hope this helps that poor little girl RIP knowing her babies are ok. The babies will have a much better life not being at the mercy of cruel nature out here.