A tie! Oh no

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marrin713

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Chicago went nuts but in a good way :) Beautiful day for the parade and rally though.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicago went nuts but in a good way
Beautiful day for the parade and rally though.
Nice! 
  It's always good to hear when things go well, without goofballs breaking things. A true Celebration.

Toronto Blue Jays have not won it since 1992-1993...some 23 years ago...so hopefully one day, we will be in it again.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
One of the teachers I used to work with proposed with the Win  flag, next to the big W he wrote "Will you marry me?"  

I sent DH out to buy a newspaper the morning after they won and he waited in line over 2 hours.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

One of the teachers I used to work with proposed with the Win  flag, next to the big W he wrote "Will you marry me?"  

I sent DH out to buy a newspaper the morning after they won and he waited in line over 2 hours.
That is such an amazing way to propose to someone.

But you know, @Neely, I think your DH is even more impressive.

Waiting in line for over 2 hours, after you sent him there, says a lot, in so many ways.
  2 hours is long.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

But you know, @Neely, I think your DH is even more impressive.

Waiting in line for over 2 hours, after you sent him there, says a lot, in so many ways.
  2 hours is long.
He knew how much my father loved the Cubs and what a loyal fan he was so he wanted to do it for me.  While he was waiting in line I texted him to pick up an extra paper for my sister who lives out of state and I sent it to her with a tee shirt as a surprise!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, now I have some serious Chicago questions.

How do you decide which team to cheer for? Since you have two?

And is the food you eat during watching the game, as good as everyone says it is? Or does it depend if your team is winning or not? Chips, salsa, tacos, hot dogs, pizza, ...whatever.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marrin713

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

And is the food you eat during watching the game, as good as everyone says it is? Or does it depend if your team is winning or not? Chips, salsa, tacos, hot dogs, pizza, ...whatever.
It seems in Chicago it depends where you grew up. I grew up in what is now Wrigleyville and xH and I lived within a block of Wrigley Field. North siders generally are Cub fans.

Ballpark food? Ewwwww! But we did go to a Rockies game in September and H loved their specialty hot dog

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

It seems in Chicago it depends where you grew up. I grew up in what is now Wrigleyville and xH and I lived within a block of Wrigley Field. North siders generally are Cub fans.

Ballpark food? Ewwwww! But we did go to a Rockies game in September and H loved their specialty hot dog
That is really good to know about the sides. Thanks.

Lol...I don't think the food can be that bad. Though it's probably very, very expensive.

(Okay, it's not home cooking, but still.) (Okay, it's not restaurant food, either, but you're really there to see the game.)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

I agree with marrin, it usually depends where you grew up, i.e. south side vs north side and people take it seriously.  South Siders are White Sox Fans and North Siders are Cub fans.

As for food, I'm vegetarian so no ballpark food for this girl!