A third foster fail in less then a year..

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well didn't expect to foster fail a third kitten within a year but.. I couldn't help it. I fostered failed two brothers a few months after having to euthanize my first cat due to her cancer coming back and spreading everywhere. She was a stunning longhair torbie. They just really felt like they were home. Jethro is the most affectionate cat you will ever meet. He LOVES people and his both mine and my mom's lap cat. Fynn is a pure raw cat, that's why my dad loves him. He actually turned my cat closet loving dad into a true cat lover lol. We ended up fostering a pregnant cat who gave birth to 4 kittens, and one sadly passed within days. She and her one stunning daughter got adopted but not the two boys. I loved them but my boys were meh towards them both really. Then I got word that the lady whose farm my boys were rescued from had another neighbourhood cat come to the farm to give birth to kittens... and one.. was a fluffy torbie! The moment I saw her picture I knew she had to come to us. Since we didn't have a foster to take all 5 kittens, we moved the 2 I had to temp all 5 for a week or so until 3 were moved. We kept fostering two (that's Fynn's limit, 3 can be a bit overwhelming) the tortie Ursa, and the fluffy torbie Lyra. Both are the most affectionate kittens I have ever had. Ursa got adopted, and we foster failed Lyra now renamed Ceriah Rose. She is very much a lap cat, nonstop purr machine and is getting along great with the boys. Can get into some hissy fits with Fynn, but she plays a ton with Jethro (which is what I wanted in a third kitty as Fynn is lower in energy than Jetty). She has such unique colourings and loads of personality! I thought maybe was going to be a brown patched tabby like Felice was but almost at 5 months old she is still very grey/silvery, so I think she will be a grey patched tabby. She is already over 6lbs 0.0. No small kitties in my home haha. We uh never expected to foster fail a 3rd kitty so quickly but little Ceriah has fit in purrfectly. And since it's possible she might be related to my boys (the moms look alot alike so we think her mom might be the older daughter of our boys mom) it's extra cool. I am loving how she is changing and I uh take so many pics lol that I will keep sharing pics as she grows up! I uh take alot of pics of her so I just have to share it somewhere haha. (She's annoyed with me sometimes lol as you can see with the last photo). The last 3 photos I took of her today, she already looks like a mini adult.

Anyone else get so lucky when unexpectedly adding an extra fur monster?
ceriahnsiblings.jpg
ceriah5weeksold.jpg
2019-12-22 12.57.38.jpg
2020-01-13 14.28.03.jpg
2020-01-30 12.54.16.jpg
2020-02-13 12.32.27.jpg
2020-02-25 16.41.04.jpg
2020-03-01 12.43.43.jpg
2020-03-01 12.47.58.jpg
2020-03-01 15.18.24.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, so cute! :hearthrob: I think cataholic07 cataholic07 is a good user name for you. You'd better stop fostering for awhile, you'll end up with a houseful! :lol:
lol apparently the floofers are my cryptonite haha. So I will just foster the short hairs hahaha. Happy unexpected kitties but I love them all. Ceriah well my mom wanted a fluffy torbie like Felicity was, sooo as soon as the first fluffy torbie came into the rescue group I just had to foster her haha. But we agreed to go with a personality only, not looks and the boys must get along with her. What we got was a pure lap torbie who is the most affectionate and confident little kitten, who gets along well with Fynn and loves Jethro.

And my boys.. well they are stunning and their baby photos.. I mean how can you not fall in love? We were still mourning the loss of our first cat when we agreed to temp foster 5 kittens for a foster going away over christmas. The first day they came home, they were all a bit shy, and Jetty was sleeping with his bro Roscoe when I put my hand on the chair to let him know it was all going to be ok... then he put his paw on my hand and my heart just melted.

Some kitties you know as soon as they walk into your life, they are meant to stay :) Plus well prior to foster failing 3 times I did foster or temp foster over 30 cats/kittens so my ratio of fostering to adopting is quite good lol.

20181212_132300.jpg
20181210_121148 (2).jpg
20181210_122437.jpg
2020-03-02 14.36.52.jpg
2020-03-02 13.22.52.jpg

Attachments

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can understand why Ceriah is a foster fail! She's beautiful. I would love to foster kittens and cats in the future when I'm more financially stable and have a place of my own, but I do wonder how I'd manage to not keep them all. ;) We're returning Toffee and Fudge's cage to the shelter and my mother said not to go and see the cats, because I'd for sure end up taking at least two home! :biggrin:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yah it's hard not to fall in love that's for sure. I cried every time for the first while, it got a bit easier but I find the hardest thing is worrying about them, even if it's an amazing family, you always worry lol. But I do sort of missing fostering, it's a wee bit expensive as I buy my own food and litter to help out the rescue. It was much easier though when I only had one cat, not 3 raw fed cats haha. Little Missy and Jethro are pigs who would eat nonstop -.-