A surprise....

Faizan ali

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The mucus plug can be lost up to a week before labor and delivery. The red blob may not have been the plug either. It may have been her sloughing off a miscarried bit of kitten fetus. It’s tough to say without knowing everything, but it sounds like she is due any day now. Keep us posted!
Something similar happened with my cat which I adopted today. The owner didn't tell me she's pregnant and when she looked pregnant to me, I asked him and he tells me that she might be cuz he bred her on 3rd March. Here is a picture. This is my first house cat and I have 0 idea about pregnant cats. She is eating and drinking and walking fine. Doesn't seem stressed she is purring and and kneading. Hopefully I'll be able to take her to a vet tomorrow. She passed this thing around 4 hours ago
20220425_151221.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it’s undeveloped fetuses that have miscarried. Ask your vet for an x-ray to determine if she is still carrying kittens, and if so, how many and an estimated gestational age. If she is no longer pregnant, set up a spay appointment.
F Faizan ali

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Faizan ali

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, it’s undeveloped fetuses that have miscarried. Ask your vet for an x-ray to determine if she is still carrying kittens, and if so, how many and an estimated gestational age. If she is no longer pregnant, set up a spay appointment.
F Faizan ali
Will do thanks. Hopefully there are no other babies. She is active and seems fine.

Faizan ali

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
F Faizan ali
Also is there any way to tell if there are any babies inside? I will be going to the vet hopefully but I am curious as it will take me a while to find good homes for them in my country. She is active and comfortable. No contractions, no straining, she is eating and drinking fine. Doesn't seem to be in pain.

Faizan ali

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hii, I adopted a cat today but she ended up being pregnant. The owner never told me she was pregnant and when she seemed pregnant to me and I saw some discharge on the way back home I contacted him and he says "yea I introduced her to 3 male cats for mating" and after some q/ans proceeds to block us. Well she passed an undeveloped fetus ( Sarthur2 Sarthur2 helped me to identify wht it was). Since she seems fine she has been walking around, hoping on sink, ate fine and drank water and is purring and kneading. No signs of pain and no contractions or straining. She is or was 53 days pregnant according to her previous owner. This is wht came out.

Last edited by a moderator:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm almost positive she lost the kittens because of the stress of being moved. That is absolutely horrible what the previous person did, thank goodness she is with someone now who will love her and care for her. She may still deliver a more developed kitten in a few weeks, cats can lose some but retain some. Those look awfully underdeveloped to me, I don't think she was as far as they said. As long as she is acting fine, eating/drinking/using the litter box, she should be OK. My heart goes out to her and you, I hope things go smoother now.....bless you for adopting her......

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like at least 1 very undeveloped foetus possibly 2 make sure you keep windows and doors closed until she can be spayed.

Places like Facebook are really not where you want to be looking for a pet. Too many backyard breeders and puppy/kitten mills.

Thoroughly screen your potential breeders and make sure they are registered with an organization such as cfa

Faizan ali

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm almost positive she lost the kittens because of the stress of being moved. That is absolutely horrible what the previous person did, thank goodness she is with someone now who will love her and care for her. She may still deliver a more developed kitten in a few weeks, cats can lose some but retain some. Those look awfully underdeveloped to me, I don't think she was as far as they said. As long as she is acting fine, eating/drinking/using the litter box, she should be OK. My heart goes out to her and you, I hope things go smoother now.....bless you for adopting her......
Thank you ♥

Faizan ali

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks like at least 1 very undeveloped foetus possibly 2 make sure you keep windows and doors closed until she can be spayed.

Places like Facebook are really not where you want to be looking for a pet. Too many backyard breeders and puppy/kitten mills.

Thoroughly screen your potential breeders and make sure they are registered with an organization such as cfa
I am in Pakistan and all the adoptions here are done through Facebook groups and Instagram. No such shelters or organizations here sadly.

Faizan ali

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
20220426_112705.jpg

This is what is left of the thing she passed. Found it in her bed she licked most of it away.

Faizan ali

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In the day time she had something sticking out of her vagina which was dark red and brownish like blood but thicker. It's happening again right now, in the evening. It's only a little bit not too much continuous bleeding. She has been a bit restless today and meowing and lazy. I am really worried for her. I have 0 history of her. I don't know if she's vaccinated or dewormed. I only know her age which is 1 year.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What is coming out of her? It sounds like she is having a miscarriage. I’m so sorry you are dealing with this. Please update.

Faizan ali

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What is coming out of her? It sounds like she is having a miscarriage. I’m so sorry you are dealing with this. Please update.
It was only like 2 drops and it didn't happen again and she went back to her normal self.

Faizan ali

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Today marks the 66th day and no sign of labor. She was having zoomies yesterday which I think is unlikely for a pregnant cat? I am starting to think that she's not pregnant.