A Stray Cat?

ryand1219

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This summer he have had a little visitor outside are house all the time constantly crying and purring, I am not sure if the cat is owned by anyone because it doesnt have a collar or no signs that it has an owner, it is very friendly and loves it when you pet it! It is very underweight and looks like it is getting skinnier by the day! We were going to not feed it but when the elderly women noticed it she gave us cat food and said that we needed to feed it so we did! And now it wont leave us alone which is not really a bad thing but I am not sure if its owned by anyone and dont want to be known as a cat thief, but its very hard to see it get skinnier by the day and always cry when outside in the cold! I have not let it in the house although it seems to want to come in as every time I open my front door it tries to come in desperately. I wouldn't mind keeping it but I dont want to possibly steal anyone beloved pet! Any advice?... Thanks,Ryan! Its been over a month and no sign of an owner :/

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
R ryand1219

Please bring the cat inside your house right away! It clearly needs a home, several meals a day to bring its weight up to normal, and tons of TLC.

You could have brought it in even while looking for an owner.

It sounds like it's a stray who has been abandoned or dumped in the neighborhood.

A vet can scan the cat to see if it has a microchip. It's doubtful though.

It's sad to hear of a cat like this who is so hungry and needy. Thank you for caring!