A Robot Walks Into A Grocery Store...

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
"Are you Transhumanist or Anticiv?" does seem to have become the new "Are you a woman or a man?".

I can probably just make some text files and have my screen reader talk to 411 for me, it just gets to the point where it doesn't seem like it's worth the trouble, just to sit around waiting to die. I'm only 55, even though "retired" does sound much more positive and tryn-dee than "unemployable" or "can't afford the taxes to grow product legally".

Playing whack-a-mole gets exhausting; switching from mainstreamish linux-libre to obscure and nerdy BSD is going to be such a relief when I finally do it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OK...back to a lighter note...The Marty robots are extremely limited. I have a son who does these things, so relax when one is around! He isn't much smarter than the average dog, and a good bit less so than the dimmer cats, and has very limited functions!

THAT SAID...this is the only robot I'm interested in,
1579417035734.png

because Hekitty being Hekitty, it's probably the ONLY way I could ever have a second cat! And that's iffy!

Last edited by a moderator:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Marty is resting ahead of his party in a few hours :party::party2::celebrate::

20200125_081909[1].jpg

I'm hoping my friend is able to go later and get pictures of the party.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Marty got himself stuck in his parking spot and was angrily beeping and flashing red :lol:

An employee had to reset him. Marty flashed happy blue and merrily rolled on his way :D
So, not only an eyesore but a noisy one at that.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
OK...back to a lighter note...The Marty robots are extremely limited. I have a son who does these things, so relax when one is around! He isn't much smarter than the average dog, and a good bit less so than the dimmer cats, and has very limited functions!

THAT SAID...this is the only robot I'm interested in,
View attachment 318252
because Hekitty begin Hekitty, it's probably the ONLY way I could ever have a second cat! And that's iffy!
HAHA 😆 we have several of these on my memory care unit! The residents believe that they are real and will pet them and talk to them! For them, it’s comforting and real.❤

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
HAHA 😆 we have several of these on my memory care unit! The residents believe that they are real and will pet them and talk to them! For them, it’s comforting and real.❤
Great, taking them even further from reality I think it is hideous not funny at all.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Great, taking them even further from reality I think it is hideous not funny at all.
I’m sorry you feel that way. For our residents who’ve had everything they knew taken from them, the presence of a “pet” brings them a sense of calm; fond memories. Their brains are failing them. Long term memory remains the longest. Their reality isn’t pushed further away from things like “cat”, their reality is disappearing because dementia is continuing to advance its damage. Why not give them something that is familiar? What I was laughing about was the robot and where it seems silly. I’m sorry if this seems insensitive, but that isn’t my intention, I love my residents and wouldn’t do anything to further harm them. It’s the disease that’s causing the spiral to loss of reality. Thank you for being sensitive to people with dementia.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No robots here in Montevideo or anywhere else in Uruguay. Hopefully we will never have one. We are being "invaded" by venezuelans running away from their country and cannot find jobs for everyone. There are Venezuelan lawyers and medecins working as taxi drivers:sniffle:

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Stop and Shop employees are currently on strike. A co-worker commented that the robots will take over all the jobs :lol:
I remember when ATM's first came out and the teller would always ask me why I went to the trouble of coming inside the bank and I replied "It's to save your job." She did not believe me (at least, not until her job was eliminated.)

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I’m sorry you feel that way. For our residents who’ve had everything they knew taken from them, the presence of a “pet” brings them a sense of calm; fond memories. Their brains are failing them. Long term memory remains the longest. Their reality isn’t pushed further away from things like “cat”, their reality is disappearing because dementia is continuing to advance its damage. Why not give them something that is familiar? What I was laughing about was the robot and where it seems silly. I’m sorry if this seems insensitive, but that isn’t my intention, I love my residents and wouldn’t do anything to further harm them. It’s the disease that’s causing the spiral to loss of reality. Thank you for being sensitive to people with dementia.
But that is just it. It is NOT a cat. It is not real. It is not even alive.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Have you ever been in a dementia care unit for any length of time? Many have dolls that they consider their babies just like the cats. If you have never spent time in one and don’t fully understand what it’s like and what they are going through, don’t judge.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
They (those with dementia) believe it is. Please try to understand this. Because of the way people throw around lawsuits and take offense at anything, we cannot have real cats for them. So this is the next best thing. Kids have dolls and teddy bears and the like; this is the equivalent of that for people who still love cats. Well anyway, if you want to continue this, we should probably pm. Again I’m sorry...

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you ever been in a dementia care unit for any length of time? Many have dolls that they consider their babies just like the cats. If you have never spent time in one and don’t fully understand what it’s like and what they are going through, don’t judge.
Yes, in fact I have worked in one. And I have donated countless hours to people who really were completely left to fend for themselves, even though they have family. So while I have every right to my opinion, so do others.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Let's get back on topic, which is Grocery Robots:
  1. Do you have a robot at YOUR grocery store?
  2. What do you think of grocery robots? Creepy? Helpful? :dunno:
  3. What would you rather see the money go towards?

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
We don’t have any robots in any of our stores to date. I find them unecessary and frankly, a waste of money. Maybe they help with price adjustments, but maybe they could use the money elsewhere also. And then again, maybe they’re cost effective...:dunno: