Purraise
I'm so sorry...😔
Hoping for a speedy recovery!! :hugs: 🙏

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well he is still on a ventilator but seems to be responding somewhat. I am seriously considering contacting a lawyer. He had been admitted to the local hospital on Thursday and diagnosed with pneumonia and the UTI. He was also hepatic. On Saturday he claimed he wasn’t ill and while I was not there they allowed him to sign himself out against medical advice. They sent him home in an ambulance. Ordinarily I would understand but given his elevated ammonia levels ( causes confusion and poor judgement), his history of HE and being hospitalized with it, I don’t believe they should have released him. I feel as a result of this and not giving him a prescription for antibiotics this is the reason he is now in the ICU on a ventilator.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I didn’t update- my head isn’t screwed on straight and I can’t remember who I have told what to. He received a new liver almost 3 and a half weeks ago. He is still in ICU and will be for at least another week. He is still confused. The doctor told me that could take days, weeks or months to clear. He is on kidney dialysis due to damage from the liver not working and the kidneys working overtime. We are waiting to see if they rebound. He has a long road ahead. When he is released from the hospital to a rehab hospital, the doctor said he will be there for a month or 2. So it sounds like he will be there for the holidays. I was going to the hospital every day until gas went up. I can’t afford to go everyday now- it was costing me $80 a week for gas and parking when I went everyday.I go every other day now.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for that. It seems, though, that he's very well taken care for.
He will understand if you can't drive there every day.
Gas has gone up like crazy everywhere. Just like any other thing.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I understand that driving to the hospital every day can be draining on your pocketbook. Please take care of yourself. Sending more special thoughts and healing vibes for both of you. :grouphug:

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh, dear ! that is a lot on your plate ! Is your husband a veteran by any chance ? perhaps you could reach out to them for help with transportation ? The veteran organizations around here are wonderful support for one another. just a thought. My husband spent weeks in rehab following a stroke .. that was 3 years ago , and I attempted to go daily. Plus I was working. it was too much. I was getting overwhelmed. I remembered being told.. on an air plane ..you put YOUR oxygen on first ..then help others. you cant pour from an empty cup. Going every other day is MORE than great ..especially since he is still confused ( dialysis has that effect , as it is slow to clear the toxins all out) and probably has not sense of time as we know it. You need rest and down time as well. Prayers going up for you both ! thanks for update.. the whirl wind will pass... honest. My husband is home now , and doing great. that time 3 years ago seems like a different life time now !! Hang in there .. one day at a time ! :alright::heartshape: