a question about cat food

oava

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do any of you know a brand of cat food with out corn in it... Corn is a fuller my cat throws up any catfood with corn filler. We found a brand Felidae its 29.95 A LITTLE SPENDING but well worth it .The cats only do it once inwhile.They say cats don't generally eat corn. They are meat animals, they do eat grass sometimes but any help would be greatly appreciated..... thank you..

woodsygirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Many super premiums don't contain corn... some are:

Solid Gold
Wellness
Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul
Innova
California Natural
Felidae

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I moved this from the lounge to this forum, I thought it was more suited here. Hope that's okay.

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best cat foods without corn are:

Natural Balance
Chicken Soup For The Cat Lover's Soul
Solid Gold
GO! Natural
Foundations
Organix
Felidae

baileysidney11

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please read the other threads on Go! Natural and Foundation made by Petcurean. They are involved in pet death law suits.

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Updates: Voluntary Recall
USA Customers only
Thurs, November 06, 2003

Voluntary Recall Background
Date of Voluntary recall: October 22, 2003.

Product Recalled: All Go! Natural dog and cat food manufactured in the USA.

All recalled product removed and quarantined within two days of announcement.

Public and veterinary community where recalled product was sold was notified via Petcurean media campaign.

Petcurean received numerous calls from consumers within the same geographical areas, whose pets have never fed Go Natural and have experienced liver related issues or liver failure.

All cases being reviewed to date are in California only.

Canadian made product is completely unaffected.

Go Natural has been manufactured in Canada for over 4 years and is a leading brand with consumers for performance and outstanding quality. During this period there has not been one reported case of a sick or ill pet from feeding Go Natural in the Canadian market.

Petcurean has tested a cross section of dogs that have been fed Go Natural for approximately 4 years in Canada. Medical results performed by an independent veterinarian indicated that all the pets tested were extremely healthy with no ill effects.

Testing of Product, Ingredient Suppliers, etc.

Entities participating in testing recalled products: US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), University of Michigan, University of Missouri, University of California at Davis, Woodsen-Tenant (Independent lab).

Type of tests performed to date on recalled product: salmonella, e-coli, bacterial, toxin, heavy metals (as well as: copper, zinc and iron).

Petcurean and Independent firms are also investigating Ingredient suppliers, end user storage, cross contamination points, along with the manufacturing plant.

The information gathered to date and expert opinions support that this case is an isolated incident:

Incidences are within a small geographical area.

Number of confirmed cases, are a fraction of 1% of total production.

Description of Test Samples and Results

Product under test: all U.S. manufactured lot numbers pertaining to recalled product, composite retained samples from manufacturer, and samples from consumers.

All testing completed to date has shown no product abnormalities.

Testing on all batches continues.

Test for heavy metal deposits and mineral supplements in question have shown all levels well within AAFCO standards.

FDA Involvement

The FDA is gathering and testing batch samples, product from store shelves and recalled product from the local distribution level.

Results are being formalized.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oava

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Debby
I moved this from the lounge to this forum, I thought it was more suited here. Hope that's okay.
Sure thats okay !! Did'nt even think of that forum, I should be looking into that forum...Thanks Debby

oava

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for replying to this post and all your help...I wrote all the names down and Iam going to check it out...

catlover67

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As I stated in a previous thread, I started my cats on Wellness. It is corn-free and animal by-product free food with healthy ingredients. My cats both seem to like it and I have noticed a change in Lily almost immediately!

oava

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by catlover67
As I stated in a previous thread, I started my cats on Wellness. It is corn-free and animal by-product free food with healthy ingredients. My cats both seem to like it and I have noticed a change in Lily almost immediately!
Hi catlover67.... and thank you too!! Is that Wellness avalible every where?

oava

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We found a few places that carry the name wellness cat food...... thank you. we live out in a rural part of Minnesota....not much cities around.....