A Purraise Question: Pie In The Sky -or- Possible?

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning when I was Purraising a comment for its information value to me (something about cats another member had shared which I'd love to remember, cross fingers), I wondered if there was a way to keep track of messages that we had Purraised in the past... especially for the purraises we had made of posts that had good information value for us.

In our member profile drop-down menu, there is a section called, "Purraise You've Recieved", and the member can be led to a list of links of those purraises one has gotten. But there is also value in purraises one has given, I think.

Is this pie in the sky or a possibility: Does this forum format allow for a potential section to be added, called, "Purraise You've Given", as a choice for our use?

This could then give us a list of "likes" that we have liked over time; it would be a great reference area for us as members, and greatly aid our memory banks.
:)

See? So, if I had liked a message because it had some useful cat health information in it that I wanted to "keep", for example, about feline kidney disease, --or as I "purraised" this morning, about ear hematoma in cats--, then I could have a quick source page of links to go to when I next visited TCS so I could read that past posted information once again.

:grouphug2:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I get what you mean - like YouTube saves all your 'liked' videos :) I've no idea if it's possible here, but I can see what you're getting at.

It might not be as helpful as you'd hope though - think about all the photos you purraise, or posts in the games threads, or even Question of the Day. I could see the 'helpful' purraised posts getting lost in the sea of cuteness and fun stuff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
... section to be added, called, "Purraise You've Given", as a choice for our use? ...
If I remember right - weren't we able to do this w/ Purraises in the old forum format?

I get what you mean - like YouTube saves all your 'liked' videos :) I've no idea if it's possible here, but I can see what you're getting at.

It might not be as helpful as you'd hope though - think about all the photos you purraise, or posts in the games threads, or even Question of the Day. I could see the 'helpful' purraised posts getting lost in the sea of cuteness and fun stuff.
Yeah, I can see the increase in data storage. Hm. Fair point.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I don't think it's currently possible with this platform (not via the settings). I do like the idea! Or maybe something like Facebook has where you can "save" a post for future reference. I think that might be better actually, as people purraise posts for all kinds of reasons (agreeing with an opinion in IMO or enjoying a photo). A "saves" page could be nice if you wanted to "keep" some things stored.

I guess for now it'll have to be something like what M maggiedemi suggested - a folder in your favorites? Or you could use social media bookmarking like Pinterest with a board for your TCS saves?

Hopefully this might be an option at some point here. There's going to be a huge platform update sometimes in 2018 and we're not likely to add any major components before that happens. After the big shift, let's talk about this again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Anne - you're very generous to even consider it, thank you!

I do already have many bookmarks of comments; it's just not as easy to peruse on my browser than it would be if the format was a page on TCS like the current section for "Purraise you've received". That section allows you to see the first words in the comment that was purraised... which I find helpful when I'm on a hunt for some particular thing...
:)

screenshot:

purraisePreview_Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 9.23.55 AM.png