A purple table?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yes or no?

I have the remainder of the gallon of Sonic Plum paint that was used on the shed door. And started thinking, which Dear Richard says can sometimes be quite dangerous.

We're going to an unfinished furniture store to look for a small table (2 chairs) for the shed. Why unfinished? Because I want to paint the table purple. Sonic Plum, actually. Not the chairs; I'm thinking of just painting the chairs white or grey. Rick is trying to talk me out of it, saying that it's too much, with the door and the walls. But all the molding and trim are white. The bookcases are white.

I googled purple table and saw some "interesting" tables.

Thoughts?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
For anyone that needs context, here are pics -

Some Shed Pics

Are you talking about more of a breakfast table size? If yes I say go for it. If it's bigger, it could get overwhelming. You probably will need to have purple not be the main color in the rug, but an accent color if you go with the purple table. My :2cents:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
It's your she shed. Paint and decorate it as you like. I like the idea of a purple table. I think white or gray accents would be good. Go for it!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you paint it and hate it, it can be painted over. I'd go for it :wave3:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a suggestion...
What if you painted the legs purple, the table top white, and did a stenciled filigree / vine type design around the table top in the purple. You could try to find a stencil that mimics the same pattern of the chandelier. Here is what I mean about a stenciled top. You could also paint it purple and do the stencil in white.

1573259069397.png
1573259168249.png
1573259191178.png
1573259290256.png
1573259344857.png

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow. I really like Jem Jem 's idea. You know me, I'd go for purple table, turquoise chairs and cat and butterfly stencils over everything. I'm currently scouring junk shops for an old wooden ladder that I can paint and turn into a cat tree.

:cloud9:

Like this, but for the cats rather than for ornaments.
1573269403005.png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Jem Jem I love your idea! Unfortunately, I am so graphics-challenged that I can already see a huge mess. Thanks!
Norachan Norachan that would truly make an awesome cat tree!
AbbysMom AbbysMom This would be a smaller table with room for only two chairs. I'm not looking for a regular kitchen or dining room table. Just big enough to nestle at the front double window. Nothing huge.

Thanks guys! We're going up today to look at unfinished furniture.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well, that didn't work out. We got there and they were closed for a funeral. We'll try again next weekend.

However, I did order Roman shades for the shed; they should come in around the beginning of December or so. We like our bathroom Roman shade so much that I decided to order the shed shades in the same design and color.