A Pitter Story

P+P's Meom

What if I don't want to stay calm?
Adult Cat
Purraise
Haven't been around as much as I'd like - ok - at all. Thought I'd make it up by sharing a Pitter story.

Pitter is grounded for at least one of his lives, possibly more. He also has extra chores to do and must write a 3 page letter of apology to his little sister, Patter, for stressing her so ****ing bad that she had a seizure.

We're night-owls and this all started about midnight.
Pitter {the booger} ran out into hallway of our apt building.

i didn't notice until about 2am, when I went to give them both their meds and couldn't find Pitter. I had thought he was napping in the bedroom with Patter. Nope.

Patter and I searched our massively small apartment - over and over. And yes, she really was looking and sniffin' about.

I went up + down the hallway, calling him, then I'd come back to the apt and Patter and I would search it some more. Three times.

The third time Patter came out with me. Patter is scared shitless of the hallway, but dammit! She was gonna find her brother!! But scared and worried overwhelmed her and she sat in the middle of the hallway and cried. I was hoping that Pitter would hear her and come to her aid . . . but no.

I was going to start knocking on doors, but it was after 3am by this time. So instead, I got Patter back home and made up some quick "Have you seen Pitter?" posters. Patter was really upset with me for being on the computer when her big brother was missing!

My mind was all over the place. Where else could he be if he's not in the apt OR the hallway/common area?! All I could think was that someone had taken him.

When I went out in the hallway to put the posters up, one of my neighbors was just getting out of the elevator. {Talk about serendipity!} I asked him if he'd seen Pitter?

"Is that him hiding between the chairs over there?"

OMG.

I walked over to the 2 big, blocky arm chairs in the common area. Besides the chairs themselves being black, they were in a darkish side of the room. There in the 8" space between the two chairs, was Pitter!

Pitter is . . . um . . . aggressive? . . . when he's scared. And besides being scared, he was trapped. My neighbor was a step ahead of me and reached out to touch Pitter and I screeched "DON'T TOUCH HIM!" Thank goodness he backed off right away. Even I didn't try to get near him!

He'd been in the hallway for almost 3 hours by then and was terrified. {That's why he didn't come to the apt door and yeowl and why he never answered me and Patter.}

He was an absolute wreck and soooooo ready to come home. He just followed me back to the apt, which is good there's no way was i getting anywhere near his pissy, hiss-growling teeth + claws.

and HE was mad at ME! 🙄
No Pitter, YOU are the one who decided to sneak out!

He really was pretty traumatized. I couldn't get anywhere near him for a day and a half.

He finally forgave me for being such a horrible meom and we are back to being snuggle-buddies again.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor patter,and as for you pitter you brought this on yourself worrying everyone like that better start that letter ;)