A photo of my little girl...

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
.... we had a scan this morning to determine that my placenta has moved up into place so I won't have to have a c-section. Everything is normal and as it should be, which is fabulous news, so hopefully in about 7 weeks we'll have our precious little girl!

Here is a reproduction of the 4D photo we got. It's not too clear but you can still make out her little face quite well. It's a funny thing to say but she looks JUST like Max - it's so uncanny. It's not just us, either - everyone who saw it today said the same thing.

So beautiful - sweet little angel. We can't wait to meet her.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"4D?" Einstein will be so impressed!

Or maybe it just stands for something I don't know. I'm really impressed at how much you can see there. Is that some really new technology?

All the ultrasound photos I've ever seen looked like .... well, like nothing much I could determine!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow! Awesome! That is the first ultra sound image that I've seen like that. How neat to be able to see what your daughter looks like before she is born!

She looks like she's smiling!

Congrats!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How exciting! It's amazing how much detail there is in the 3D & 4D images.... but honestly, they creep me out a little.
Great news that you won't require a c-section. Are you planning to go natural then? I bet you can't wait to meet her.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

"4D?" Einstein will be so impressed!

Or maybe it just stands for something I don't know. I'm really impressed at how much you can see there. Is that some really new technology?
I think what she means is that, although this is a still photo, it's taken from a video -- so time is the fourth dimension involved.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup - exactly!

I never knew why they called it 4D either. We always just assumed that it was the unknown dimension you get plunged into when you become a parent

Natalie - it's a great pic isn't it? And yes, we thought she looked like she was smiling, too! It must be comfy in there...

And yes, absolutely planning to go natural - I really think there'll be nothing like it. Keeping an open mind though and certainly won't say no to an epidural if things get a bit hairy

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

And yes, absolutely planning to go natural - I really think there'll be nothing like it. Keeping an open mind though and certainly won't say no to an epidural if things get a bit hairy
Awesome! If you haven't watched The Business of Being Born it's a pretty good educational video. It has certainly made me think twice about an epidural.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've never wanted kids. But I told my doctor in the event that I ever did, that I want to be completely unconscious for the birth. Basically asleep, then wake up and it's all over!
And I absolutely meant it! I don't like pain and I don't voluntarily subject myself to it and there was no way I was ever going to go through the pain of child birth *shivers*

Women who have babies are very brave IMHO.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! I'm not exactly what you would call a fan of pain, either, but everyone - and I do mean everyone - tells me that this is different. It's not pain because you are sick or injured, it's totally productive pain that has a purpose and the anticipation of something unspeakably wonderful at the end.

I've never been frightened of labour / delivery and I'm very much looking forward to the whole experience. I feel as though it's a real rite of passage - one that I feel is a real completion of the whole, wonderful journey of pregnancy that I have cherished so much so far. I would feel very disappointed if I didn't get to experience it - I want to feel my child being born, to birth her and to labour for her and to eventually hold her for the first time - I can't imagine that there really could be anything in life like it.

We have had such extensive information, classes, seminars - I am a little bit frightened but I know that I'm built to do this - women have been doing it since the dawn of time - and I know I can do it. I'm fortunate to have such a wonderful, involved and loving partner, too. Because I think that's half the battle.

But I certainly don't judge anyone who is really very fearful of the whole procedure. It's pretty intense! It's not like having a bit of indigestion (lol). I think women really need to be free to make decisions about pregnancy, labour and delivery that are the right decisions for them, with as much information as they can be given and open minds to help them with their choices.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LOL! I'm not exactly what you would call a fan of pain, either, but everyone - and I do mean everyone - tells me that this is different.
They lie! Pain is pain, regardless of the "purpose", it all hurts the same. I remember asking my Mom about it and she was honest and said that it "hurt like he&#"

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww has she got here hand under her chin?

im never good with scans....
me and my neice were talking the other day about what too call there "bits"

the fun we had and some rather odd ones too hahaa

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow that is awesome and freaky all at the same time! I would definately want that done though when I get pregnant!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How AMAZING!

I cannot wait until I get to experience that. A little person growing inside of you is such a miracle!

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is adorable! I know when we had our 3D done everyone commented on how our boy looks like me. My Mom said she always heard that girls look like Daddy and boys look like Mommy.