A notification won't go away

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
Are you using noscript? The notifications just stay there unless you enable just the java from TCS. You don't need to enable ajax.google.apis or anything else.

The only workaround I know of is a piece of paper and a pen or a good short term memory. You can also get email alerts instead or in addition to the red numbers in the notification area of your browser.

hth

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It won't on the actual Alerts page. If you're talking about the alerts that appear in a dropdown when you tap on the "bell" icon at the top right, choose "Preferences" at the bottom of the dropdown menu. Scroll down to "Alerts page and summary settings" and make sure the boxes following "On viewing alerts page" are unchecked, then click "Save" at the bottom.

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It won't on the actual Alerts page. If you're talking about the alerts that appear in a dropdown when you tap on the "bell" icon at the top right, choose "Preferences" at the bottom of the dropdown menu. Scroll down to "Alerts page and summary settings" and make sure the boxes following "On viewing alerts page" are unchecked, then click "Save" at the bottom.
I had this exact same problem and this solved it, thank you :) It was also because my post was moved to a different forum!

MikyPiky

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep I had it too. It was irritating me for so long, i had given up after trying for a while , but now its finally gone!