A Lot Of (still) Newbie Questions

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hmmm, well, the clicker can wait. Maybe the next time you try it, muffle the sound initially.

The food problem may be solved. At the moment I'm recording when they come to eat and will work a schedule around that after a week of observing. Someone ordered me one of those mini fridges that run on your USB off a computer so that could keep the food cool enough to not spoil.
Wow, this is fantastic!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, well, the clicker can wait. Maybe the next time you try it, muffle the sound initially.

Wow, this is fantastic!!
I also think I figured a way to stop the cats fighting. I sprinkled a bit of catnip in their food and put on some music for cats playing from my Echo dot. They were all very mellow and sleeping together a bit ago.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
That's excellent, good for you!!
Yet another victory. I'll give them a pass on the boxes and toys today as a storm is moving in fast and I'm sure they want to eat and take cover. But this time I set up 3 feeding areas. I'm just using bowls I have from house right now. Anyway the 2 (Shaman of course was standing off pouting lol) and there were no fights. I'll probably use the sprinkle of catnip in their food with the relax my cat skill until they get used to eating next to each other. Finally Shadow and Treasure took off and Shaman came back to eat. She actually reminds me of a human mother who sometimes wants to have a few moments alone, free of her teenage kids. haha I know don't interject human emotion but that's the way I interpret her actions.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was huge that they were relaxing together!
You are doing great, getting them neutered is going to calm them down.
That's terrible that the neighbors can call the cops, like you don't have enough stress! can you talk to them and explain what you are doing and how you are making progress?
If not keep doing what you are doing, you are doing a great job!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
That was huge that they were relaxing together!
You are doing great, getting them neutered is going to calm them down.
That's terrible that the neighbors can call the cops, like you don't have enough stress! can you talk to them and explain what you are doing and how you are making progress?
If not keep doing what you are doing, you are doing a great job!
The neighbors know what I'm trying to do. They're complaining about losing 15 extra minutes of sleep due to the noise. Anyway the catnip sprinkled and mixed in their food does seem to help along with the Relax My Cat Alexa skill. Except Shaman who likes to pout lol

Forgot to mention that I tried the clicker again. Very low and they were nearby. I clicked, put the bowl down and waited. Even Treasure (the extremely skittish one) came to the bowl, which was one foot away from me.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
This was back in 1983 but I remember when my Pepper was a kitten. My cousin and I were watching Alien with Sigourney Weaver. Pepper was like 6 months old at the time and laying on the floor by us. We had one of those old counsel tv/record player things that were passed down from our parents. Well as soon as that alien popped out of the guys stomach Pepper jumped up, hissed, ran to the tv and started swatting and clawing at the creature for that entire scene. We laughed so hard it was funny. Such a shame we didn't have a camera at the time.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry had to talk to one of the neighbors kids. He threw a rock at Shadow. :( My only guess is because Shadow is a black persian which makes me sad. They don't bother Shaman or Treasure that way.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well as soon as that alien popped out of the guys stomach Pepper jumped up, hissed, ran to the tv and started swatting and clawing at the creature for that entire scene.
That is hilarious!!

I'm SO glad you were there to see the rock situation and had the chance to talk to the kid, good for you!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
That is hilarious!!

I'm SO glad you were there to see the rock situation and had the chance to talk to the kid, good for you!
Ugh it just dawned upon me that I washed my dishes and theirs with a rag that I used earlier with a bit of Pine Sol to clean the deep freeze. I did eat off my dish 3 hours ago and am ok. Hoping they are too. Trying to sneak this around my Mom is really something.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully they'll be ok :crossfingers:.
I hope so. How long after should I see if anything happened as a result. Using same rag on my dish it's been 3 hours and I'm ok. I'm going to be worried with guilt over this now.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I did rinse out the rag, it just had the Pine Sol smell to it which made me realize what I did. It didn't have Pine Sol dripping from it.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sickened by this I'm in tears. It's going to be a very long day and evening, especially if they don't come back this evening as I won't know if they are sick, dying or just out having fun. :(