A Lot Of (still) Newbie Questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
These are the only 3 cats that run through both yards. He has no pets at all and has complained about them before and all he told me was that Christine is the name of the woman who brought the traps (she's the one that's been harassing me btw). Very worried with all that's been happening in this area with the cats/dogs past few weeks. :(

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Shadow was here eating. Nothing comes between Shadow and food. lol I don't have to worry about her she's won't go near a trap or box. But Shaman and Treasure have both ventured inside the box before on several occasions. Ironically the woman who was harassing me just had her phone disconnected.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracious sakes!
Well Treasure is here eating like there's no tomorrow and now she's off to get Shaman who's most likely climbing a tree somewhere. I'm going to talk with my neighbor in a minute and se what more I can find out.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
good luck!
He wasn't aware of the situation. She said something like I needed help trapping these cats so they can be taken to a no kill shelter. I don't think she had these cats best interest. There's no way someone can be forgetful when most correspondence is through email or PM. He called the shelter left a message for them to come get the traps. Sounds like she was using her volunteer status at the TNR center for her own gain. I did tell him that the cats were already fixed and that there is no chance of any of them having kittens. So for now that concern is over. Except Shadow is back for a second round of "dinner" while Shaman is taking cover somewhere lol

JoyM

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would definitely check on filing a complaint about her with the shelter about her behavior and harassment and let them know that those 3 cats are spoken for. They need to know that she is behaving erratically and could be doing something harmful to animals.
Shelters do NOT want to interact with people or groups that will make them look bad. Almost all shelter workers are passionate about animals and do what they can for them. All the workers at my local shelter work hard to save as many as they can and often foster when they aren’t at work. They certainly don’t do it for the $ because they don’t get paid very well.
If you make sure they know that these 3 are being cared for by you, they will likely release them to you if they are brought in.
I would contact the Better Business Bureau to see if other complaints have been lodged against this group and see if you can lodge a complaint yourself. Also contact the ASPCA to see if they have had problems with this woman and let them know she might be up to no good. They need to be aware that there could be a problem.
Given what has recently happened in your area, they should be on high alert and take a complaint seriously.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Shaman has taken off into hiding. lol . Hopefully she's not off begging food from another neighbor. I'm not to concerned though. Treasure is just strolling through the yard like nothing is going on at all and as close as those two are she'd be spazzing I'm sure if something happened.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
They were waiting on food delivery. She barely made it to the door when all the cats came running.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight was eat and run. No thank you, no playing with toys or anything. Cats these days lol They're probably running to someplace cool as it's 86 degrees out here. Thanks all again for the advice and help :)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I figured out the feeding plan. Of course once I say this the cats will go back to their old selves. haha Anyway I have set out 3 bowls. One with all dry, one with mixed and one just wet. The wet (for Shaman( is below in bottom of stairwell with covering on top (with the poster board) so she could feel reasonably safe enough to eat while Shadow ate above. It takes two minutes to put up and take down. I hope this works for awhile til I find a more permanent solution. I have some surveys I have to do in next 2 hours today and don't have time to be playing referee or guard the food bowl.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no. My MOm is talking of selling the house and leaving. I'm in tears. These cats will be abandoned again unless I can find a way of getting my own place and sneaking them in. I'm beyond sad over this recent situation. :(

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You'll need to check into financial help to see if there's anything at all that could help you get your own place, or try and find reputable people who can help you by taking the cats in. You've done so much and overcome a lot of things to this point, don't give up. Hang in there!!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
You'll need to check into financial help to see if there's anything at all that could help you get your own place, or try and find reputable people who can help you by taking the cats in. You've done so much and overcome a lot of things to this point, don't give up. Hang in there!!
I'm not going to leave them behind I've grown so attached to them I'm just hoping I can have them tamed by that point, if it happens. She's just been talking about this a lot lately and I have no idea how long a process goes or the length from putting up for sale to actual selling and moving. Hope I have enough time to do this because to be honest, I don't trust anyone with these cats, not after the events this past couple of weeks that I mentioned.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
not after the events this past couple of weeks that I mentioned.
Yeah, I don't blame you there!

What's the condition of the house? You don't need to tell me, but my point is if not so good, it'll likely take longer to sell. However, if she sets the price low enough somebody could buy it to try and fix it up to flip it/resell it.

Are other houses up for sale in the neighborhood - are they moving quickly? These things might help you to know a little bit better how much time you actually have once yours is listed. You can look at redfin, Zillow, trulia, realtor . com to see what's happening in your neighborhood and also to see any info on your place.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh her house will sell quick. House is in excellent condition. Even at 95 years old she insists on spring cleaning every single day. No maintenance needed in house. Everything works perfectly. No houses on sale on street for years so I really have no idea. :(

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
hmmm. Well, keep on doing what you're doing. There's no way to read her mind as you don't know whether she'll price it too high for the market to bear. Just keep an eye on those realtor sites I mentioned, and try hard not to stress about it - the cats will know. Hang in there!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea a few of those sites require her personal information (which is understandable of course). I"m not seeing a lot selling in my area nor do I have the slightest idea how much this house is worth as she won't tell me.