A long hiatus from TCS

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not new here. I was a member many years ago, when my 3 cats, Fergus, Ripley, and Captain Steuben were young. Fergus died 5 years ago at the age of 14, and Steuben died last year in March, Ripley, my tortoiseshell, is now 20, and is deaf, and has recently had a mild stroke. Otherwise, she’s in pretty good shape for an old gal! :redheartpump:

Because good things come in 3’s, we adopted a 3 month-old orange tabby male tom, who is getting neutered this morning from our local shelter, and we named him Benson, and the same day, a friend of a friend gave us an abandoned kitten (we were initially told he was 8 years weeks old). Well, upon picking up the little fella, I took one look at him, and knew immediately that he was not 8 weeks…he was tiny, and only about 4 weeks. We named him Gary. He’s now 8 weeks, and we’ve been battling giardia and other intestinal parasites, but he’s starting to turn a corner, and gain some weight.

Anyway, I’m back!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:welcomeback2:

Congrats on the new kittens! Do post some pics of them. As well as your senior girl. :camera:

Condolence on the losses of Fergus and Steuben. :alright: As you probably remember, we have the Crossing the Bridge forum where you could post a tribute to them. RIP sweetie kitties. :angel::angel:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I’m not new here. I was a member many years ago, when my 3 cats, Fergus, Ripley, and Captain Steuben were young. Fergus died 5 years ago at the age of 14, and Steuben died last year in March, Ripley, my tortoiseshell, is now 20, and is deaf, and has recently had a mild stroke. Otherwise, she’s in pretty good shape for an old gal! :redheartpump:
Anyway, I’m back!
Welcome back @Ben&Gary .:)
What was your name on TCS before?

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You're better off than I! I posted as a newbie, forgetting I had signed up point ago.😂 Sorry to hear about your two, but glad to hear about the others.
A vet can definitely tell the age range. We adopted a cute little guy we found while house shopping one day. Thought because of his size he was around 6weeks. Waited2 weeks to take him in for physical and baby shots. Vet at first said he looked about 10 weeks (at this point he had already gained at least a pound and wasn't all bones anymore); but when she got to his teeth she said... "Holy crap! This cat is at least 5months old!"
She said she could tell that due to his teeth.
Said this can happen (stunted growth) to babies that are severely malnourished. He'll forever be small (he's 5 now). Unfortunately he also ended up with a weakened autoimmune system from it, so heads up on that in case it's the same. He can't even fight off a simple cold. But he's a lovely addition, as I'm sure yours is.💞