A little good news for those frustrated by cats Introductions - have hope! (Success story)

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Out of everything I've gone through the past nearly two years now with cats illness and emergencies, one of the harder things to do was trying to get everyone to get along. (And it's still a work in progress.) I have a very territorial male that is always making life interesting lol

Mia was one of the first to come into the house. She was a formal feral that came to live in the house around June of 2018. She was really sick, had a blockage, wasn't eating, was septic etc. It took a year to get her to come out of her safe room regularly. It's been slow. Very, very slow. I've been told due to a lot of circumstances, this has taken longer than normal on average for this but if you are suffering with cat introduction... don't give up. You are not alone. Many of us have been there banging our heads hard again that invisible brick wall.

but...

BEHOLD! PEACE!

This is what I've been waking up to almost every day for the last month. One friendship done - two to go!

From insane fights and attacks and having to separate and utter pure frustration. To peace.

Mia (left) and Charlie (right). Mia has been kicking Charlie out of his bed - and he's been okay with it. (Mia still has some weight to loss that she's gain so don't judge her finger ;-) we're working on it.)

So don't give up. Keep at it.

We still have some struggles, particularly with the other ones - but to see this now compared to the start. I really never thought it would happen.

This is what makes it all worth while in the end of that long hard road.

If these two can do it - yours can too!

MiaandCharlieRest.jpg

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww.... so precious. Thanks for sharing, and offering hope to others who are struggling with cat introductions.
Thanks also for giving your cats homes. :catlove:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So pleased they are getting on, your patience and hard work has paid off. Is so hard when two (or more) cats dont get on and so easy to give up but your story is proof that it can work out.

duncanmac

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Keep the faith people!! Often time, a lot more time than you would expect, will bring them together.

Duncan (orange and white) still kicks Barry (mackerel tabby) out of the prime spots, but he no longer guards our bed from "invasion" The bed was Duncan's last spot of exclusive territory as Barry started expanding his.

I spent a year with a cat that would just pester the heck out of our new guy and went to just tolerating him. Now, after 3 years, almost friends:

This last picture was taken in the middle of the night - I was a little nervous that the grooming would turn to agression, but it was mostly mutual and then they went back to sleep. This doesn't happen often and they aren't BFF's, but this is pretty good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOO HOO! They all look so relax! What joy to see! Thank you for sharing those.

See it can happen for you too! Hang in there.

When you finally see your babies like this - everything else will wash away. :-)