a little bit of support

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
aw, he is so darn cute ! I'm glad to hear things sound a tad better . I have found I can still mourn Bella and love Peanut at the same time. It has taken me time to warm up to Peanut. She is cute , and sweet and smart ..no trouble at all.. but she is not Bella. I know that bond will come in time. Bella was my baby.. I had her for 13 years .. and Snowball 17 years before her .. those things just grow with time. Here I am with the new sweetheart ... one night I had a dream I had Bella on the bed with me, and I was brushing her , and she was purring , and just like old times. I woke up in tears . Missing her all over again. I cant hold that against Peanut.. none of that is her fault ..but I find it is taking time to sort out my grief for Bella , and maybe it has held up my falling head over heels for Peanut. That said, I do love her , and expect that will grow more and more... as I expect my pain of losing Bella will lessen in time as well. Maybe you are in the same place. My bond with Bella was as strong as it was because I gave a lot of time care giving her. worrying about her eyes ..her bowels..etc. just like having a sick kid !! It actually made the bond stronger. Your little man is a cutie pie , and and I think you will handle whatever comes your way. Sounds like you are doing just fine so far ! they sure grow on us fast :catlove: really hoping your vet has some GOOD news for you this week !! Here is a pic of Bella .. during one of her eye infection flare ups. I put the saying on I had found somewhere. I found it to be fitting... hang in there !! :cheerleader:

Attachments

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
:cheerleader: :heartshape::bigeyes: Sylorna .. hoping for all the best at your vet visit today for Coal !! Good luck !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:cheerleader: :heartshape::bigeyes: Sylorna .. hoping for all the best at your vet visit today for Coal !! Good luck !
Thanks!
Blood tests should take awhile because they are being sent to a lab, but that just means he's using the more reliable test.
Looking forward to getting a new round of meds for his eyes. They have definitely improved and I'm looking forward to healing them.
The last round of oral antibiotics happened this morning, and I actually managed to do it without loosing my mind this morning (added extra to the syringe and pinned his face against me so he couldn't move.)
I discovered this morning that he had peed in his soft sided carrier the last time I used it...soo...he's getting a towel today instead of the normal mat. Guess I'm going to be scrubbing it this weekend!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would ask your vet about DSG, it is a supplement for building up the immune system and since my cats have been on it they have done MUCH better. They have FeLV and were so sick 2 years ago the vet said there was no help, they would die within days. Since they have Leukemia I give them LifeGold too for cancers. Two more years and thanking God for every minute!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
White vinegar with water usually takes the smell out of urine spots, unless you have an older unfixed male. You can use the vinegar right out of the bottle if you want, swish all you want over the area, then let the area air dry. Works on carpets, sheets and clothes too.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update:
White vinegar with water usually takes the smell out of urine spots, unless you have an older unfixed male. You can use the vinegar right out of the bottle if you want, swish all you want over the area, then let the area air dry. Works on carpets, sheets and clothes too.
Thanks! I'll try it tonight!

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would ask your vet about DSG, it is a supplement for building up the immune system and since my cats have been on it they have done MUCH better. They have FeLV and were so sick 2 years ago the vet said there was no help, they would die within days. Since they have Leukemia I give them LifeGold too for cancers. Two more years and thanking God for every minute!
I'll make a note of this in case the tests come back positive for sure.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update:
Blood tests will be back tomorrow or Monday.
Vet says his eyes are basically as good as they are going to get because of scarring from the long term infection. This is fine, he can see perfectly and isn't in pain, just a little weird looking.
Upper respiratory infection is basically gone.
Hes gained half a pound in the last 2 weeks lol. My cats are always fat! I'll have to keep an eye on it (I'm saying that, not the vet).
He is otherwise in good health.

He gave a recommendation for probiotics at my request and we talked about raw feeding a touch because I'm researching it right now.

Interestingly the vet said that he wouldn't recommend a second cat if he has FIV but could support it if he has FeLV because we can vaccinate for it. Everything I've read said the opposite because it's less easily transmitted when it's FIV.
Hopefully this will not be a problem and he will come back negative.

Conclusion: continue on the l-lysine and no more antibiotics! Whoopee!

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
:hyper::bliss:Yay !!!!!!!!!! Happy Happy Happy for you !!! he is just unique looking ..nothing wrong with that ! so glad he is healthy !!