A less dusty litter

lucius&cissa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry, but I thought World's Best was the stinkiest stuff ever. I could only handle it for about 5 days....the poops smelled soured. I seem to do best with regular clay.

I think I have tried everything.....plain old Tidy Cat Clay has been best for me so far. Right now I'm trying Fresh Step Clay and put less than an inch in the pan, with the intention of a daily dumping.

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use Yesterday's News. It's wonderful! Prob a little more pricey than most but I have only one cat and two fosters at the moment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blue_copper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Andy was eating Yesterdayâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s News litter, he went mad. I would get him out and he would run in just to eat it. It was crazy.
So I bought Arm & Hammer Super Scoop, just to see.
By the way, I use a covered box, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m not using the door, I think heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s still too small.

dangcatsfault

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Philbert

out of curiosity, do you have the original or extra strength (multiple cat)?

cheers,
phil
We started with the original because that was all we could get in a large quantity. After the first shipment we switched to the multi-cat formula. In all honesty I can't recall if it had much of a difference. But it must have.

What I wonder is why do companies that make the litter have two seperate kinds? I mean don't you want your litter to clump just as good if you have one or many cats? And if I only had one cat I'd still probably buy the multi-cat formula. Since there is no way I can afford the World's Best CAt Litter I use Tidy Cat and am perfectly happy with the non-scented kind. Adding some of those blue crystals is also a great idea to keep down on the odor.

Another thing about World's Best is how much lighter it is than clay litter. I have to lift from 12 to 15 large covered litter boxes a day and pour them into a sifter pan. They are much lighter now that we use the World's Best brand. Much easier on the back.

IMO it does track more dust than clay litters though

dangcatsfault

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lucius&Cissa said:
Sorry, but I thought World's Best was the stinkiest stuff ever. I could only handle it for about 5 days....the poops smelled soured. I seem to do best with regular clay.

Just read your post after I sent mine in. I didn't want to bad mouth the product because it does have some 'redeeming' qualities but in all honesty, to this day, I still dislike the smell. It gets in the cats fur and they all smell like that now.

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dangcatsfault

What I wonder is why do companies that make the litter have two seperate kinds? I mean don't you want your litter to clump just as good if you have one or many cats?
In regards to WBCL, the one for multiple cats has an natural plant additive which is supposed to make the litter clump harder.

dangcatsfault

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by MissCharlotte

In regards to WBCL, the one for multiple cats has an natural plant additive which is supposed to make the litter clump harder.
Ohhh, that's the difference. I didn't know that. I wonder if that is the only difference in the two. Thank you for the info.

And btw, you have a great website!