A kitty named Moose (sad story...)

fraggles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We saw this story unfold on the cat_lovers community on Livejournal. It is a very heartbreaking and tragic story as Moose could have been saved. It's just the people who called themselves "animal rescuers" ignored his owner's pleas for help. "How many cat skeletons do you see in a tree?" That is what she was told.

Instead of me explaining the full story, I'll post a link to the journal that has the complete story. From the way we saw it unfold on cat_lovers. Click me!

I understand cats do get stuck in trees, and it can be quite a common occurrence, but this was handled badly. I can't imagine the pain and sadness that Miss Ashley must be going through.

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a sad story. Poor kitty, RIP! I cannot imagine how Ashley is feeling right now! I am outraged that no one would help!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP Moose. I'm really disappointed by the animal care center. How hard is it to send someone over there with a big ladder and take an hour or so out of their day? Or at least set up a safety net or something under the branch.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

RIP Moose. I'm really disappointed by the animal care center. How hard is it to send someone over there with a big ladder and take an hour or so out of their day? Or at least set up a safety net or something under the branch.

How sad..poor Moose
RIP Moose

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so very sad.

I believe that I would have been calling other people or something, someone would have come out to help me, just to shut me up.

I would have called the police, I would have called the fire department.

I live in a small town, we don't really have no rescue centers or anything like that.